Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dane View Post
oh and yeah I can make a high quality downloadable one if somebody really wants it that bad, just lemme know what format and resolution you want and i'll get around to making a copy. as for where u can download it from, i can either find a site to upload it to, like maybe divx's stage 6, or something, or if u know any good upload/download site that'll take a moderately sized video?
I REALLY WANT IT. I'll even offer to convert it to HQ for YouTube for you if you send me a downloadable version.

Format: XviD or h.264 please.
Resolution: 640x480 will do, it's 4:3 right? If somehow my memory fails me and it's 16:9, then 856x480.

If you can, a good service to upload to is http://sendspace.com. If the file somehow inexplicably ends up too big for Sendspace (I doubt it) then the only other choice is http://megaupload.com.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Resident Filmmaker

I'd love if u could do the hq conversion for me! yeah i'll try putting the file up on sendspace there, i'll do the h.264 and 640 will be the res. it could be a rather large file but i'll let you know once it's uploaded.

EDIT:

alright the file has just finished being created and now i'm just starting to upload it, it's at about 277mb so it fits just into what sendspace will handle, which is great, it doesn't look bad either.
the upload is going to be painfully slow though, as i'm uploading the file in multiple locations at once, but when it's done i'll put the download link on my first post in this thread right below the youtube link I gave.

then hopefully Nomake can convert it for youtube for me!

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 09-16-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
now, I noticed in your welcome thread you had gr8dane films somewhere..mabey in your siggy...so I was WONDERING when you'd make a video. I like the video, very well compiled. My only complaint is your town doesnt have enough turns int he road loved the view near the end with the gauges too...very cool
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Resident Filmmaker

haha yep I used to have a thing in my sig about my film stuff, then I changed it, maybe because I thought it was lame but I honestly don't remember. And thank you for the compliment, haha as for the turns, well, that's just a tiny backroad section where I knew i could do what I wanted with the camera, some of those shots, like the gauges one, i actually had the entire tripod attached to the camera and resting in my lap all the way across the car for stability so the picture would look better, and the camera was RIGHT in front of my face, i was actually using my side mirrors and the lcd viewfinder on my camera to drive haha, so that's why I wasn't driving in some other, more populated, areas.

Punk."
Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
EXCELLENT to hear! h.264 is a wonderful format, it really is. What container is it in? Since you're on a mac I'm assuming mp4... that's okay, I'll figure something out. I'm pretty handy with my video tools.

As soon as I get the video I'll get that FLV made. Would you rather that I make the FLV and send to you, or just upload it from here? Either way doesn't matter to me.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Resident Filmmaker

it's in .mov

and u can just send the flv to me and i'll deal with it myself no problem

haha wow this thing says it's gonna take almost a day to complete, good lorad, you'll be waiting awhile but once it's done i'll have that link up for certain.

Punk."
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Retired

Quote:
it's in .mov

and u can just send the flv to me and i'll deal with it myself no problem

haha wow this thing says it's gonna take almost a day to complete, good lorad, you'll be waiting awhile but once it's done i'll have that link up for certain.
WOW what connection are you on? Also normally I'd only upload it to one site at once... that way at least one link is up while you upload to the rest.

MOV eh... hmm. I think I still know how to crack that open and get the good stuff out. Whatever I have to do, I'll do it.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Resident Filmmaker

it's really pretty tragic, the usability this awful internet connection they give us out in my neighborhood. it's in a recently developed area so the underground wiring is dependent on who orders what, and they don't offer the super high speed T1+ stuff, we just have really high-speed dsl, but because the telecom company tries to do so much it clogs those poor ateries like fat, so we have 1.5mbps and pay for it, but the results are more like 7-800 kbps ish

incredibly stupid, i'll say. but that's what i have to work with.

and yeah i know i should only upload one at a time but I just had the urge to multitask

i'll just let this be an overnighter

Punk."
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Retired

Quote:
it's really pretty tragic, the usability this awful internet connection they give us out in my neighborhood. it's in a recently developed area so the underground wiring is dependent on who orders what, and they don't offer the super high speed T1+ stuff, we just have really high-speed dsl, but because the telecom company tries to do so much it clogs those poor ateries like fat, so we have 1.5mbps and pay for it, but the results are more like 7-800 kbps ish

incredibly stupid, i'll say. but that's what i have to work with.

and yeah i know i should only upload one at a time but I just had the urge to multitask

i'll just let this be an overnighter
Hey now, don't complain. The DSL I have in my current residence is 50kbps upload and 170 kbps download.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Resident Filmmaker

good lord, I think i'll be content with mine then

at the moment tho, and i kid you not, it's uploading to sendspace at a whopping 4 kbps!!! holy....wow, now it says 23 hours hahaha, definitely gonna let this thing overnight and then some oh well, you can't win'em all.

Punk."
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Very nice and clean car... the video is gr8... gud job...

-Pavan
Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Retired

Internets die on ya?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Locker Link Solution

well, I like it!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Resident Filmmaker

haha nope the net didn't die on me!

after a 26 hour upload, it finally worked.

here's the link: (i think?)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h75juz

tell me if it's the right one and then i'll put it on my first post in the thread if it is.

thanks!

-D

Punk."
Old 09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Locker Link Solution

40 minute dowload ..save directly to cd sort of thing

can't wait to check it out.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?