Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-29-2001, 11:12 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Smile GOOD NEWS on my engine drama!!!!!!!!!

If you've been reading all about the drama I've been having with my engine in the "Technical Q&A" section, you are up to date on the story. Short version: Fuel injector went bad, dealer screwed up horribly fixing it, engine is toast, I'm screwed.

My dealer responded to my 6 page letter today and were very apologetic and extremely nice and told me they would have a tow truck out to get my car and the engine replaced free of charge!!!!!!!!! I mean, that's what they should do, but I am still so happy about it. I am also getting a loaner car from them until my car is fixed.

I just got back from seeing my car get towed off to get a new (we'll see how "new" it is) engine installed. They will be bringing me the loaner later.

I think they were a bit shocked at the drastic action I took. My letter was incredibly detailed. I will post it on here later, with all names removed and the name of the dealership deleted. I think you will be impressed.

I would like to thank for the 2nd time in as many weeks BEAV for all of his help. He's the one that suggested that they screwed it up and should be paying for it. I had a moment where I felt defeated and like there was nothing I could do, but Beav helped inspire me to fight for what was due to me. THANKS A MILLION BEAV!!!! And thanks to all of you for your continuing support.

That's the update for now....
Old 11-29-2001, 11:19 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

It sounds like someone's gonna' have a Merry Christmas.
Just be sure they don't drop a Legacy engine into it.
Further good luck - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:27 AM
Green1995SVX

Good to hear jeff...

Maybe you'll decide to keep the car now? And stay with us. I mean, after all, it has like a new EVERYTHING. What else is there to go wrong?!?!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:32 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Ha... a Legacy engine to go with Randy's Legacy transmission. Good one Ron.

Not so much a Merry Christmas. It shouldn't have had to come down to this. But it did, and I'm just happy there is some resolve.

After hearing so many Subaru service horror stories and being so proud of the good service I had gotten, I guess I was just cursing myself.

The only issues left to resolve are the $136 I paid Tuesday and the fact that I had to register another car to the tune of $35 (using my brother's old '87 Honda Accord to get around) and will have to pay another $35 to re-register the SVX when I get it back. So, they owe me about $200 more.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2001, 11:38 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Well if they can put a 3.3 in a eurovan why can't they put a rabbit diesel in a SVX? heheheh

Happy to hear that you'll be taken care of guy. Congrats!

Beav
Old 11-29-2001, 11:40 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
p.s. I wouldn't get too crazy about the $200 - you'll be getting a new engine and you probably had a few miles on the old one....
Old 11-29-2001, 12:05 PM
British Car Junky

I think the words "New engine" are subjective. How many 3.3L SVX engines with 0 miles are out there? I would guess none. I'm sure they'll try to stick a used engine in there. I don't think they have the desire to rebuild it (just asking them to remove spark plugs is too much labor so it seems), so if they can find a used one, I'm sure it'll be put in.

Whatever it is, I'll just be happy to have my car running... now let's just see what kind of loaner I get. A Geo Metro without air conditiong? I sure hope not. I should have put a "Loaner equivalent to the SVX in features" Hey, how about an SVX loaner?

Ok, maybe I am starting to ask for a bit much.

Jeff

Update: They gave me a Forrester....very nice! Heated seats too. We need those in FL

Last edited by EveryShadeofBlue; 11-29-2001 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:10 PM
oneothefewproud

New(er) Engine

Jeff,

What about a warranty on the new(er) engine. Make sure you get something so that they dont just drop it in and say we are done and ,God forbid, it craps out. Just a thought.

Ciao
Wayne

Best wishes
Old 11-29-2001, 12:52 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jeff, I'm super-happy for you. Now, if you could just send some of that good fortune my way. If you read about my "tire saga" the other night, well, I took it in to have it repaired today. It was slightly low this morning. It appears my fear was confirmed. Remember, this is my 800.00 set of tires! Yes, my tire had picked up a nail, but, the sucker was flat as a pancake the other night when I discovered it was flat. I drove on it nearly flat for a little ways before I realized the rear end was acting funny. In the process, I chewed up the inside of the tire (my fear confirmed). Two hundred dollars later, I have one brand new tire to go with my three, three month old ones. Grrrrrr! I'm gonna buy a bicycle to make my 80 mile round trip commute.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-29-2001, 03:59 PM
Lowered SVX

see randy i couldnt do that .....

i had the bubble in the right front and a slow leak in the right rear. for me that equals four new tires.

Welcome Bridgestone Potenzas!!

Oh and congrats jeff on your good fortune, lucky bastard!!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-29-2001, 10:24 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: GOOD NEWS on my engine drama!!!!!!!!!

your story is so dramatic!
blown&towed, fixed&sell, broke&new or whatever..
so are you still going to s e l l your SVX?
all these seem want to make you stay with us!
update the later stories...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-30-2001, 07:37 AM
Lowered SVX

come on blue.....

you got to keep the svx now. the svx gods are shining much to brightly for you to get rid of her.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"