Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Re: I've put my SVX up for sale on Pistonheads

Seeing as folk are having a change, and having lent my brother the SVX whilst his car is having a new gearbox, and my lovely old 940 V***o is being LPG'd left me with just the faithful 240 GLT to use. My wife puts up with a lot, but after the moaning about rythmic clicking of loose brake pads, a proper 'blokes' interior uncleaned for 7 years and, an as yet unidentified, weird smell of something recently deceased in there afraid I've 'cracked' and bought another car.
Probably in some way connected to me reading a book about John Thaw at present, I've now got a Jag. It's an XJ8.
Gold mens bracelets, watches (bigger the better), sovereign rings or a sheepskin coat for sale? - I'm your man!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:25 PM

Nice one Steve I'm sure you'll have no trouble cultivating that dishevelled Arthur Daly look in fact I might still have an old sheepskin somewhere I'll dig it out and post it to you. (Never let it be said us Southerners aren't benevolent)
Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM

Cheers Dave! Took the mother in law etc out for lunch in it today. All passengers clouted their heads on getting in. Not quite hard enough though...
Anyway, after covering about 100 miles in it I don't know whether it 'rings my bell'. My brother, however, is enjoying the SVX and I daren't mention how fast the 70 yr old has been in it..
The new Jag has however had quite an effect already - I've rented a 'lock up' and coughed my way through 10 King Edwards. We recently had a bloke in our village caught about to supply fake Persil washing powder (!). He had 2300 replica boxes and a shipment of Chinese detergent in stock. I think I'll take the scam over. He's already endured the 'It'll all come out in the wash', 'It's money laundering at it's worst', 'Come clean and we'll reduce your sentence' jibes so who would suspect a new batch?
What was the club Arthur and Terry frequented called - can anyone remember?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:33 AM

Registered SVX

If I remember corectly it was the " winchester"
Old 04-01-2011, 02:56 AM

Thank you. I had the Embassy Club in mind but that was Bernard Manning's place I believe. I'm getting towards his physique so maybe more appropriate!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 AM

What year is it Steve the car that is.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Cheers, I was hoping no one would ask that, Dave. It's a '98, Sea Spray, 3.2. Pronounced 'as flat as a kippers dick luxobarge' by my kids - but, happy days, they won't want to borrow it! Drives fine, very well cared for, quiet, comfy, smooth, handles well enough but I know what they mean - it's no rocket ship.
Seems ironic that Ford ownership had lowered Volvo's quality yet improved Jaguar's. The buttons work, the diff is silent, as is the engine/box (240 bhp). Body is even galvanised. I know that as the bulletholes haven't rusted....
Whatever, this odd and spontaneous purchase has cheered me up a bit.
I bet the 400bhp supercharged one could be fun though, especially as you can buy them for about ninepence these days...
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Cheers, I was hoping no one would ask that, Dave. It's a '98, Sea Spray, 3.2. Pronounced 'as flat as a kippers dick luxobarge' by my kids - but, happy days, they won't want to borrow it! Drives fine, very well cared for, quiet, comfy, smooth, handles well enough but I know what they mean - it's no rocket ship.
Seems ironic that Ford ownership had lowered Volvo's quality yet improved Jaguar's. The buttons work, the diff is silent, as is the engine/box (240 bhp). Body is even galvanised. I know that as the bulletholes haven't rusted....
Whatever, this odd and spontaneous purchase has cheered me up a bit.
I bet the 400bhp supercharged one could be fun though, especially as you can buy them for about ninepence these days...

Motto or ethos, depending if you are buying, or selling;

Grace, Space, Pace.

Grace: A length of time the bank gives you to pay your petrol bill.
Space: The thing between your ears, when you buy one.
Pace: A rate of arrival. Not to be confused with how long it takes to get rid of one.

And, yes, I am a Jaguar fan. I love them, I can see why Steve would buy one, even a rusty bullet hole car.

New paragraph. Moving swiftly along. Wafting at pace, nothing quite like them except maybe the SVX.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM

'Rusty Bullet Hole', Joe, indeed. I didn't realise you had such a broad grasp of modern gay terminology. I did leave myself a bit exposed after re-reading the post though....
The car does really have a few pellet dents from when a couple of Englands finest young citizens used it for target practice. Air gun must have been at illegal pressure because they managed to shoot two tyres flat. Pity they didn't just bounce back.
Can't stop lads - trawling ebay for Dunn&Co stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: