How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-05-2002, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
Inside ,windshield door post removal

I am going to install a remote start-keyless entry on my car, but I will need to remove the trim that runs up along the windshield from the dash to the top in order to get the antenna cable over to the center of the windshield. I am afraid of breaking something if I just try to pry it loose. If anyone knows the way to loosen this trim, please advise... thanks.
Vernon
Old 10-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I took mine off with my bare hands when I was fixing my sun visors. Careful not to damage the dash when putting it back on though.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:41 PM

Earthworm. is there any particular place to pull on the trim, I notice it is one piece from the dash all the way back to the door jam and the seatbelt slide is also in there? I guess what I am asking , is do you just pull on it till it comes loose?.... my sunvisors drooped too and I took the metal shaft out of the visor and mashed the little plastic piece with a pair of pliers that the shaft goes into and so far it is working fine.. but it might not last with that fix.. Thanks.
Vernon
Old 10-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I didn't remove it completely...only enough to find out where the wires went to for my visor. You shouldn't need to remove it completely either. It should just pop out.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:37 PM

ok, thanks, Earthworm.. I will try that,, I haven't received the starter thing yet, but I wanted to be prepared when it gets here which should be in the next week... thanks.
Vernon