How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM

Registered SVX
Arrow Be Nice!

I knew there was going to be jokes and insults about the description of the ebay ad. WHO CARES! I started this thread to share my good news of the purchase of my second SVX, and now its turning into an ebay joke again. One wise crack is more than enough, so end it here please. If you have anything to say about this thread, it should only be in a positive tone regarding my newest edition. The seller is a very nice lady, so please keep the negative jabs to yourselves. I'll bet shes more mechanically inclined than some members here, including myself. She replaced both front axles herself. Most women cant even pump gas. Shes got a 66 cuda in her garage that Tomssvx checked out. Her sale of the polo will pay for her cudas engine. Thank You!

93 Legacy SS 110k miles SOLD! $2,500
94 Legacy Touring Wagon 157k miles
96 Red Lsi 95k miles, lookin purdy!
96 Polo 158k miles coming home next week!

Last edited by SVX92-97; 05-03-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:00 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97
I knew there was going to be jokes and insults about the description of the ebay ad. WHO CARES! I started this thread to share my good news of the purchase of my second SVX, and now its turning into an ebay joke again. One wise crack is more than enough, so end it here please. If you have anything to say about this thread, it should only be in a positive tone regarding my newest edition. The seller is a very nice lady, so please keep the negative jabs to yourselves. I'll bet shes more mechanically inclined than some members here, including myself. She replaced both front axles herself. Most women cant even pump gas. Shes got a 66 cuda in her garage that Tomssvx checked out. Her sale of the polo will pay for her cudas engine. Thank You!

I musta missed something, or I dont get the guys "humor" Since I just bought my second SVX I wanted to tell you congratulations! AWESOME deal too!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Registered SVX
Arrow Thanks Audrey!

I see you also have a Red and a Polo. Congrats on your newest edition as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:

I already offered my congratulations.

eBay ads are a constant source of wrong information, and consequently humour. This would be a very negative forum if humour wasn't welcome or is frowned on.

The jokes are just a way of poking a little fun, and there was no insult offered or intended. I have the deepest respect for the lady selling you the car. Or did you not read post #14?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Old Guy

[QUOTE=SVX92-97]I knew there was going to be jokes and insults about the description of the ebay ad.
Sorry to offend you but I tend to comment on things like all-wheel steering, or V-6 engines, or one of the three Alycones imported into the USA.....you know what I mean. I've seen pics of the car you bought and think you got a good deal. People writing car ads often get confused, like the 1968 Hoover I read about in a local newspaper. It had a 351 Cleveland V-8 with a 4-speed. Images of sucking your carpet completely off the floor! Turned out to be a Cougar. I hope your new car is all you want it to be. Best wishes.
Preston
Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 PM

I'm not joking here!

I politely contacted this seller when the auction began to point out that all USM SVX's had "passive AWS" and she politely responded as follows:

"Thanks for the email. Actually, you are mis-informed though. I've had a couple of dealerships make note of it, along with putting it to the test next to another SVX on a skid pad - mine didn't slide, his did (he didn't have the option & physically has different suspension pieces)."

SO WHAT'S THE TRUTH HERE? Is this really a rare option?

Oh, and congrats on your latest acquisition!

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Registered SVX
Arrow What?

I dont consider insults humerous. The bottom line is, her listing mistake needed only to be stated, not ranted on to say ha ha ha, how dumb. It doesnt matter Period!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
I dont consider insults humerous. The bottom line is, her listing mistake needed only to be stated, not ranted on to say ha ha ha, how dumb. It doesnt matter Period!

Any body who may have caused offense by a joking comment has apologised for any unintended insult or offense.

Let's just get back to enjoying our SVXs.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 05-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.