SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Another San Antonio Mini-meet.........56k warning

Yesterday Scott, Marissa, and I all met up and had a mini-meet. The pictures are alittle funky because I put my camera on portrait mode and forgot to switch it back for far away pictures, sorry .

Hopfully next time we'll get all four SVXer's and all six SVX's.

Edit: Sorry about the pictures being so big, I dont have any photo editing software on this computer.I'll resize them soon.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 04-29-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Cool. Can we have another one when I bring you 4.44's???
Old 04-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Cool. Can we have another one when I bring you 4.44's???
Yeah, we'll have another meet when your down here! You know what kinda sucks........my sister was interested in the pearly you had for sale, you might just have had to come down in it with my tranny . Its good you got it sold though! Im deffinetly looking forward to driving with the 4.44's! If you would also when you come down here, test drive my pearly because it shifts weird and I dont know what it could be (ive only had one SVX tranny fail on me and this one acts completely different then the '95 did). It doesnt really like to shift into 2nd gear until after 20-25mph no matter what (it also doesnt like to come back out of 2nd gear to 1st gear), and if you get on the gas it acts like its in neutral and revs until you let off the gas.

Dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
Yeah, we'll have another meet when your down here! You know what kinda sucks........my sister was interested in the pearly you had for sale, you might just have had to come down in it with my tranny . Its good you got it sold though! Im deffinetly looking forward to driving with the 4.44's! If you would also when you come down here, test drive my pearly because it shifts weird and I dont know what it could be (ive only had one SVX tranny fail on me and this one acts completely different then the '95 did). It doesnt really like to shift into 2nd gear until after 20-25mph no matter what (it also doesnt like to come back out of 2nd gear to 1st gear), and if you get on the gas it acts like its in neutral and revs until you let off the gas.

Dustin
Yeah, I'm glad I finally sold it too. Sorry it didn't work out for your sister. Sounds like that tranny is on it's way out too. When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed and the cooling system flushed? Let me know and I can bring 2 sets of 4.44's.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Yeah, I'm glad I finally sold it too. Sorry it didn't work out for your sister. Sounds like that tranny is on it's way out too. When was the last time the fluid and filter were changed and the cooling system flushed? Let me know and I can bring 2 sets of 4.44's.
Im not sure when it was all changed last (I just picked it up last monday). I probably cant afford to do both and with having three of them its ok for one to sit in the garage for alittle while. How much would two sets cost though? PM me with a price so we can un-hijack this thread.

Dustin

My Locker

Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
Yesterday Scott, Marissa, and I all met up and had a mini-meet. The pictures are alittle funky because I put my camera on portrait mode and forgot to switch it back for far away pictures, sorry .

Hopfully next time we'll get all four SVXer's and all six SVX's.

Edit: Sorry about the pictures being so big, I dont have any photo editing software on this computer.I'll resize them soon.

Dustin
those are the largest photos I've ever seen! lol now we need to have a "fix our SVXs" meet cause mine is no longer starting. lol

~Marisa

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat
those are the largest photos I've ever seen! lol now we need to have a "fix our SVXs" meet cause mine is no longer starting. lol

~Marisa
hhmm.....Sounds like it's about a good time for me to come down.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Quote:
hhmm.....Sounds like it's about a good time for me to come down.
lol I think so too! I think its the ignition switch.. which most likely means a week or so of no SVX waiting for the part to arrive.
I was working on my car right now replacing the O-Ring when it started to drizzle... not enough to be real rain just enough to make me have to stop working on my car... grrrrrr
I figure if I can't drive her.. it's time to start replacing stuff while she's out. Suggestions?

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear it is down again, i spent the day buffing out my paint with a orbital buffer and McGuires paint restore. It is looking real good, took out all the oxidation spots and a ton of dirt/wax buildup. Next step is resurfacing the clear coat where the former owner let tar sit on the paint for?? years. Oh well just means a little more work for me.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
you guys have WAY more energy than me. Mine is in the shop getting stared at, hopefully I'll hear from them today sometime, I miss my car.

Skip
Old 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
SVX car wash meet!!!!! I found my Meguiars NXT car wash that went missing acouple months ago.........someone set it next to the tv in my step-dads computer room, what it needs to be in there for when we have a shed I dont know. So yeah, we gotta plan it out when it will be. Hopfully I can get my ebony started before then...she needs a bath and wax so bad.

Dustin

My Locker

Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
We had another meet yesterday! It went great

I was hoping the day would go on alittle longer so we could keep chatting and looking at the cars

Here's the pictures:

All from Marisa's locker,

Dustin

My Locker

Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
4 SVXs together would have got me to find time away from my bowling tourney when i was there three weeks ago.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy View Post
4 SVXs together would have got me to find time away from my bowling tourney when i was there three weeks ago.
If we can get Danny (with his 92 ebony) and Scott (with his 94 laguna blue) out there we'll have 6 SVXs! I already told Shaun when he is able to resolve the weird issue he's having with his SVX, that I have a comfy couch he can crash on.
Of course, the couch offer is open to any SVXer.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy View Post
Well we could have gotten 4 together then!! My '95 should be out of the shop by the end of the week so after that getting 4+ will be an easy task!

Dustin

My Locker