Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Chris_8472

Aluminium Radiators

Hey Guys, Just wondering if Anyone has bought an ALL ALLUMINIUM Radiator? I know PWR Performance in QLD makes them? I just don't like the plastic tank idea, I'm on my 2nd radiator and dont want a 3rd plastic one.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Not sure if this is in another thread but PWR just made a (first) batch of 40 for us. They should be able to make one up for you.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:58 AM
svxsvx

rather late response to Chris

Chris,
I just had an aluminium radiator fitted last week. The top tank is aluminium and the bottom tank is the original plastic. I was told the bottom tank isnt subjected to the heat the top tank is and is expected to last the life of the tank. The bottom tank was inspected before install and was fine. I wasnt going to pay the big dollars for a new Subaru tank and have the same problem in years to come.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Try Mick's Metalcraft in Sydney - they do a lot of work on high performance cars and their workmanship is supposed to be to a very high standard

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Mr Soob

eBay is your friend

Just got a replacement OEM from the 'States through eBay.

I forget the purchase price, but for the same $$ as it as to get one from Subie Australia, we got a complete workshop manual set, and hundreds of bucks worth bit worth of other stuff for the SVX's too. Including a set of wheel bearings, and some other stuff. There were three seperate packages, and we had to pay duty on the third... but who cares?

Just make sure you have a PayPal account that is verified with no limit on it though.

And, most importantly, read this thread ==>> http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22659
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 06-06-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: