Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 12-03-2001, 11:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to andivic Send a message via AIM to andivic Send a message via Yahoo to andivic
Any club member out there in NY area ?

Hey New Yorkers:

I think we have to speak up about our existence. In fact I don't see many people in this club from New York.

As far as I know of, there are two Pearlie, one Black, two green and one Blue SVXes within 5 miles from area code of 11358. Two other Pearlies and Black are around Stony Brook. I saw couple of other SVX in the City. Sad thing is I dont think any of those people belongs to this club. Well I think I should give them this great oppotunity to meet some of our wonderful member in this club. I will pull over the next SVX I see, and inform them about this club, am I too crazy ?

By the way where exactly is the upcoming PA meet, I am sure of it will be worth the trip.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to andivic Send a message via AIM to andivic Send a message via Yahoo to andivic
Used four stock struts "OUT" of a SVX wanted

Sorry for the double-post.....

Hi member,

I am just wondering if anyone have replaced their factory struts and still have the old one left with them. The reason I want the stock struts is for my Koni, I haven't have that installed to my car yet, because my two front were replaced less than a year ago, and my rear are still in good shape, that's why I don't want to replace them yet. I am locating in Queens Flushing area, please feel free to contact me. Maybe we can work the price and shipping out. Thanks.

andivic@hotmail.com
Old 12-04-2001, 05:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Andivic,

I was born and raised in Hell's Kitchen.

There are quite a few NYC SVXers. Vinnie S. ran the West Point Meet in June, 2000. Frankie B. has a beautiful black SVX is is in Woodside. Alex organized the Liberty State Park SVX Meet in Dec. 1999. Then there is the Brooklyn contingent.

To get to the Reading Pa Meet. from NYC:
Take the NJ T'pike south to the Pa. Turnpike. I think it's exit 6 on the NJ T'pke. Then take the Pa. T'pke. west to the Morgantown exit. I think it's exit 22.
Please don't hold me to the exit nos. Check them out on a map.
From the Joisey side of "Da Tunnel", it should take you 2.5-3 hrs.

Larry III
Old 12-04-2001, 01:45 PM

Larry III,

Would you tell me where the meeting place is, and what date will it be ? Is there a thread about the PA meeting ? How many people are signed up for it ? Thanks.....
Old 12-04-2001, 03:46 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by andivic
Larry III,

Would you tell me where the meeting place is, and what date will it be ? Is there a thread about the PA meeting ? How many people are signed up for it ? Thanks.....
Andivic, the PA meeting is April 5,6 and 7 in Morgantown, PA. at the Holiday Inn. You can find the thread if you search for "Reading Iii." As of now, there are over 25 cars signed up, with the possibility of over 30 cars by the time the meet comes to fruition!! Cool, huh. This'll be a great meet for those who, for whatever reason, can't make it to the tenth anniversary meet and would like to se a "crapload" of SVXes together. I sure hope you can make it!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 12-04-2001 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:00 PM

Thanks Aredubjay

I will go search around for the PA meeting, I think i can definitely make it. In fact I am more looking forward to the 10th meeting, but it's really too far from NY.........I dont know if my car can make the long trip. I have the feeling that my tranny is dying now.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:05 PM

First move of today

I just placed an invitation for the Two SVXes around my house to join our network, I am glad that I made the first move. I will go to do another two maybe tomorrow. (I know where are the SVXes around my neighborhood) Hope they can join us. Someone give me some hope please !!
Old 12-04-2001, 05:20 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Andivic, that's great! The invitations, I mean. The more the merrier! I'll be looking for you at the Reading meet! Oh, and as for "feeling like your tranny is dying" ==== we ALL feel that way. It's a feeling that won't go away, even when it's healthy. Try and recruit more for the Reading meet -- think we can get it up to 50?!?!?!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-05-2001, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Andivic, that's great! The invitations, I mean. The more the merrier! I'll be looking for you at the Reading meet! Oh, and as for "feeling like your tranny is dying" ==== we ALL feel that way. It's a feeling that won't go away, even when it's healthy. Try and recruit more for the Reading meet -- think we can get it up to 50?!?!?!
Well, I dont know if those two SVXers will take a look of out network.........I went to see the black one in the morning and the note i placed under his wiper was not there, but his car was still there......what does this tell us ?

For the pearlie, it was gone in the early morning, and i didnt have the chance to catch him.......Well I will do to other two SVX tomorrow......I am sure my effort will pay off one day........
Old 12-05-2001, 09:54 PM

come on guys

Come on guys write something if you are in the area of NYC, Queens, Nassua, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Bronx.......I saw at least 10 SVX within 25 miles radius from my house. There must be at least one member of this network..
Old 12-06-2001, 10:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
fellow new yorker

Hey guys Iam from the new york area. WEll orgininally Iam from pathogue, long island. But moved upstate, so Iam not that close to the city. presently I live in eldred, ny. The middle of nowhere. It's nice driving the svx around here when all the hillbillies see the car and just stare. Iam probably about 1 hour and 30 min from new york city so not THAT far. I go to the city often though, but just wanted to say hi. Ever want to come for a scenic visit feel free to visit. later
chris
Old 12-06-2001, 11:29 PM

Re: fellow new yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
Hey guys Iam from the new york area. WEll orgininally Iam from pathogue, long island. But moved upstate, so Iam not that close to the city. presently I live in eldred, ny. The middle of nowhere. It's nice driving the svx around here when all the hillbillies see the car and just stare. Iam probably about 1 hour and 30 min from new york city so not THAT far. I go to the city often though, but just wanted to say hi. Ever want to come for a scenic visit feel free to visit. later
chris
Thanks for the reply, this way I know someone is looking at my post. .

Guys keep on posting and keep our car running
Old 12-30-2001, 08:51 PM

we b from NY

Heya, we're on L.I. so yeah, we're here. Happy new Year and maybe we can hook up next year.
Jeff N
Old 12-31-2001, 06:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Jeff,

I was bon and raised in NYC. I now live in Delaware. If you want to hold an SVX meet in the NYC area, We will come up for it.

Larry III
PS: Maybe you could do a second West Point meet?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Z-man

I'm in your area too: North New Jersey. 92 Pearl SVX LSL, the tuxedo looking wingless wonder.

It's basically the wife's daily commuter car. But she lets me play once in a while. I did an autox with it last year (WSCC @ Palisades Mall parking lot: placed 4th in class: G-STOCK per SCCA.)

Perhaps we can get a local meet in the spring. There are some awesome twisty roads in the Bear Mountain area. (I've done 3 rallies with the MR2 club there!)

Side note: I was out playing in the snow last night! When I 'play' with my Legacy in the snow, it pulls me out of a drift quite fast. Yesterday, I played with the SVX, and had the car sideways before the front tires started pulling me out! Scary, but fun! **Disclaimer: I do not do this often: public roads aren't meant for playing around. Tracks are better suited for this!!!**

I'll check here time and again.
-Zoltan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: