Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 07-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Florida/Georgia, or any other SVXer

I want to get some type of Meet going, so I can finaly meet some people from this forum... and be around people who love the SVX as much as I do. Im thinking sometime around Mid Aug like
10th - 25th or something around that.

Im here in Jacksonville, Florida, right at the NE Part of florida... and theres ALOT of great things to do here, plus we can cruse the i295 that goes around the city... show the cars off some! heh

Anyone think this would be a cool idea? i could thow out some places where we can go/hang out for the day/night etc.

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 08-01-2004, 08:04 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

there's a few in Florida... A bunch in Atlanta.... I'm sure some of them will show thier ugly heads soon enough

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
There are a group of XTers getting a mini-meet in Orlando in October, you'd be welcome to join us...

Not SVXers...(except me, but I'll have the family and in the Outback ), but fellow Subaru enthusiast.

My 5-speed will be at home in the garage....can't fit the whole family in it ......could strap one on the roof ...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 08-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
There are a group of XTers getting a mini-meet in Orlando in October, you'd be welcome to join us...

Not SVXers...(except me, but I'll have the family and in the Outback ), but fellow Subaru enthusiast.

My 5-speed will be at home in the garage....can't fit the whole family in it ......could strap one on the roof ...
Cool.. Details?

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
Old 08-02-2004, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nsm484

Cool.. Details?
http://xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
That's a link to the XT6.net Board's Thread on it....nothing special, just some Subie people getting together to shoot the breeze....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Teh Geek

Registered SVX
Quote:

http://xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
That's a link to the XT6.net Board's Thread on it....nothing special, just some Subie people getting together to shoot the breeze....
Cool... cant do much driving or showing off anyway... my svx
isnt in the best shape

Still got ALOT of work to do to it

Old 08-02-2004, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Cool... cant do much driving or showing off anyway... my svx
isnt in the best shape

Still got ALOT of work to do to it
That's cool....
as it stands now, I plan on being there...gonna take the kids down there for vacation that week, so I can sneak in a little Subaru action in while we're there .....you don't know where I can get some discount tickets to Universal Studios do you?
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 08-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Teh Geek

Registered SVX
Quote:

you don't know where I can get some discount tickets to Universal Studios do you?
I honestly dont... I dont Keep up with ticket prices, etc.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Hometown is JAX

Quote:

I honestly dont... I dont Keep up with ticket prices, etc.
Hey man, I lived and went to highschool all 4 years in Jacksonville. I went to Ed White and had the SVX my Junior Year till now where I'm a Junior at UCF in Orlando. Check out the pics of my SVX in my locker, you'll eventually run into someone around JAX who happens to say.... "Hey I knew a guy with the same car!"

I was just in JAX last weekend hanging out by the Beaches, but when I do go back I stay over by the Clay County/Duval area.

I used to be at all the little illegal car meets every Saturday night around the Blanding Blvd. area, but it seems like that doesn't go on anymore around that area.

If I head back to JAX anytime soon, I'll give you a heads up... or if you're headed to Orlando anytime, let me know.

You are in JAX, and none of your family is Military there? Because I know that at the NAS JAX Base you can get discounted ticket for anything.

We've had a Couple SVX mini meets already here in Orlando, but I'm hearing from new people who'd like to get it back up and happening.... which is cool for me.

"One day, when I'm all grown up..."

Last edited by svxjoe; 08-06-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:06 AM
LEOinFL

I'd be up for it if I'm off that weekend

LEOinFL
Old 08-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Teh Geek

Registered SVX
Re: Hometown is JAX

Quote:
Originally posted by svxjoe

Hey man, I lived and went to highschool all 4 years in Jacksonville. I went to Ed White and had the SVX my Junior Year till now where I'm a Junior at UCF in Orlando. Check out the pics of my SVX in my locker, you'll eventually run into someone around JAX who happens to say.... "Hey I knew a guy with the same car!"

I was just in JAX last weekend hanging out by the Beaches, but when I do go back I stay over by the Clay County/Duval area.

I used to be at all the little illegal car meets every Saturday night around the Blanding Blvd. area, but it seems like that doesn't go on anymore around that area.

If I head back to JAX anytime soon, I'll give you a heads up... or if you're headed to Orlando anytime, let me know.

You are in JAX, and none of your family is Military there? Because I know that at the NAS JAX Base you can get discounted ticket for anything.

We've had a Couple SVX mini meets already here in Orlando, but I'm hearing from new people who'd like to get it back up and happening.... which is cool for me.
nope... No Military family here heh... and yea... they have been massively crackin down on street racing, so every sat. night everyone's up at the 1/8th track on Sat Night, $5 to watch, $10 to race, and you are allowed to even have passengers (with me and my girl, 10.7 heh)

I moved away from jax back in July 2001, and just came back in Apr. it was after i got back that i got the SVX... and talking about SVX.... I saw a BEAUTIFULL 97 SVX LSi, Garage Cept, and it was just sexy, at Subaru Of Jax. They said they have 10 SVX Owners who come in there! I need to find them and get em on the network!

Old 08-10-2004, 08:54 PM
svxgirl92

I want to go to a meet!! I'm dying to see another SVX, it's just not fair. I say we get one together in orlando, that's like mid point for all of the floridian SVX-i. I saw a red one in leesburg, fl today! i layed on the horn but it didn't help. Let me know about the orlando thing!!

~Jamie
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Hi people at the other corner of the country!

Tuzem left us and will be joining you guys in Florida sometime.
So be nice to him, he's entertaining.

Noir (Georgia) is still around, just silently. Dunno how close he is to your area.

I'll probably be in St. Pete for a week or so in Spring, but I've never seen an SVX there.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:16 AM
LEOinFL

I'm game for Orlando...I'm sure we can get 5 or so people to show up.......i'm off every other weekend. Looks like your in charge of this little get together svxgirl92

How about some dates in the next few weeks?
Old 08-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Teh Geek

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxgirl92
I want to go to a meet!! I'm dying to see another SVX, it's just not fair. I say we get one together in orlando, that's like mid point for all of the floridian SVX-i. I saw a red one in leesburg, fl today! i layed on the horn but it didn't help. Let me know about the orlando thing!!

~Jamie
the Subaru Dealer here in Jax knows of 10 other SVX Owners... im gona try to see if I can find a way to contact these people
as well... one lady has a 97!!!! I saw it at the dealer... the most beautifull SVX i've ever seen, red too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: