Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 04-18-2004, 05:03 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Talking Hoarder !!!

hey flamebird/Ben I was referred to earlier as the title suggests

I have 2 cars both are 95 builds, I paid mid to late $20s for my best car but its only got 50Ks on the clock drives/looks like new in all respects [like a car worth $80K+ would be], my second car same year with 120Ks on the clock is also good but not as tight or as good, still mechanically strong but faded paint, scratched windows, a few little tears in leather, and a few signs of wear on the body [car park dents etc]..its also Bright Red [just like the current crop of Holden/ Ford colour of red] ..but this car after some new paint and few bits and pieces owes me early $20s..

My primary concern in the car[s] was safety which meant airbags and ABS ..95s and on had 2 bags all the years had ABS, and mechanically as the guys have well covered above is another reason I went for later models [upgrades to the auto]..If airbags don't faze you then a well cared for older car is good if you can get your hands on one..from my research early models 92-3 sell around $15 -$16K with high Ks eg 190K + up to $18 for lower][93s had drivers bag], 94s [still one bag] around $20 or higher with lower ks, 95s+ [most of the last cars sold on Oz were left over 95 builds - my low k one above was 95 build 96 compliance and sold April 97 as an example..any of these with low k's < 70Ks mid to late $20s, those with the average 120 -140Ks early 20s, higher Ks again around $20K..dealer trade in prices are generally crappy..and dealer sell prices are 3 to 4K higher to offer warranty...
So basically you can get in low, but one advertised in Melb [Coolhand] had over 240Ks and a 92 model black and pretty rough from what i could get from the dealer ..but they were asking only $10K..!! but you may have had to spend a few grand to bring it back...so in short the lowest Ks inthe best kept condition [all books and services] and for me the most recent model for the lowest price you can..thats the deal..I'd budget $20 - $22K for a more recent model with around 100Ks..although if well maintained older more ks will come in around $18K.

Keep researching ..there were 240 sold in Oz us folk here on the site can account for probably 10 maybe 20 cars that we have or know of so there's plenty out there..of the 240 more than 50% were sold by 94, so there's plenty of the earlier models about as that was the bulk of them sold ...

We all still get asked when you park the car somewhere what it is ..why it is/was..and so on..well priced quality car thats individual !!

Dave 2 in Oz
Old 04-18-2004, 06:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
If you find one, and can get the VIN or a rego number, there is a fair chance that someone on her has come across it and we can give you our 2 cents worth

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: