Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 04:10 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Exclamation Ditto !! Whot tha !!

hey I was with the kids and the wif the other day driving around the Sunshine Coast, of course not in SVX as it doesn't seat 5 ..err..comfortably anyway...but here we were in the Charcoal Grand Voyager coming up to a huge roundabout which I was about to enter when suddenly from my right on the roundabout comes a Bright Green Mica SVX powering along ... I was so stunned, that I nearly forgot to give way and nearly t-boned the guy...

Well the instructions were clear from the back 2 rows of seats .."after him Dad', couldn't bloody believe, we never see SVXs on the road where we live ..then to see one identical to mine..it was a NSW car plate SVX 02, the guy said he's had it for 6 years, it was even the same year model as mine !! 96 model, but he'd done over 200Ks on his but recently had picked up another motor which had only 20,000Ks on it, ...his exhaust had been upgraded though [same pipe tips] but when he stomped on it, it had a much more "raspier" note ...never got to ask about that...may be he's on this forum and tell us about the exhaust??..
Old 10-28-2003, 10:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: Ditto !! Whot tha !!

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
hey I was with the kids and the wif the other day driving around the Sunshine Coast, of course not in SVX as it doesn't seat 5 ..err..comfortably anyway...but here we were in the Charcoal Grand Voyager coming up to a huge roundabout which I was about to enter when suddenly from my right on the roundabout comes a Bright Green Mica SVX powering along ... I was so stunned, that I nearly forgot to give way and nearly t-boned the guy...

Well the instructions were clear from the back 2 rows of seats .."after him Dad', couldn't bloody believe, we never see SVXs on the road where we live ..then to see one identical to mine..it was a NSW car plate SVX 02, the guy said he's had it for 6 years, it was even the same year model as mine !! 96 model, but he'd done over 200Ks on his but recently had picked up another motor which had only 20,000Ks on it, ...his exhaust had been upgraded though [same pipe tips] but when he stomped on it, it had a much more "raspier" note ...never got to ask about that...may be he's on this forum and tell us about the exhaust??..
Tell us that you a) got his number, b) gave him our details or c) gave him your number

*chewing nails!!!*

I left a note on the window of a 1992 burgandy with BBS wheels on Sat night but only once (on the B4 run) have I ever seen another SVX when I was in mine....same colour too, he was staring at us as he went the other direction!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 10-29-2003, 03:14 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Web sites

yes I covered it quickly with him..saying that he knew of several web sites for SVX..I got into that I was a member on our site....but I got the impression that he was a bit 'past' that...shame really...but he's into the cars, because when we first pulled up beside him, with windows down..he said its mine and you can't have it !! ...thats OK too, maybe he's out there somewhere, maybe he's a "cockcroach" moving north for the Summer..usually NSW or VIC plates are up in QLD 'just buyin stuff before they go back'..and then they later slink across the border and move in....thats' what my tribe did about 18 years ago !!

Good to know that there's another around identical... weird though..Crikey someone's pinched my bloody car...and how the hell am I goin catch it..!!

David in SEQ

Old 10-29-2003, 04:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: Web sites

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
yes I covered it quickly with him..saying that he knew of several web sites for SVX..I got into that I was a member on our site....but I got the impression that he was a bit 'past' that...shame really...but he's into the cars, because when we first pulled up beside him, with windows down..he said its mine and you can't have it !! ...thats OK too, maybe he's out there somewhere, maybe he's a "cockcroach" moving north for the Summer..usually NSW or VIC plates are up in QLD 'just buyin stuff before they go back'..and then they later slink across the border and move in....thats' what my tribe did about 18 years ago !!

Good to know that there's another around identical... weird though..Crikey someone's pinched my bloody car...and how the hell am I goin catch it..!!

David in SEQ

Well done - I have encountered owners who are also of the 'so what' opinion - they were subsequently dragged from their vehicles and consigned to driving a Lada whilst the SVX was donated to more appreciative individuals!!

Blake was saying that when he was buying his SVX at Lindfield Subaru, Sydney they had quite a number of SVX's with number plates SVX001, SVX002 etc so likely to have either been a dealer car or, if a 1996, a Subaru Australia car

Another one for the register in any event

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!