Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 09-13-2003, 09:04 AM

Summer in Spring

Looks like we've been hit by an early summer, temps around here for the past week have been pushing 35'C and the wind is certainly helping to dry the ground out. Bush and grass fires are everywhere you look, we're sort of lucky that it's not densly populated and most of the fires are in vacant paddocks which have minimal grass. Only a few animals left on the farms due to the drought so it's O.K. that way too. Guess us Queenslanders will have to make sure the climate control is in good working order for what might prove to be a very long summer.

We're heading down to Melbourne for a few days in October, it will be a bit of a flying visit. I hope to leave Friday evening and arrive some time on Saturday. We will be heading through Toowoomba to Goonawindi and down into Dubbo and then down to Tucomwal at the border. Last time I took this trip was in the Liberty with the dog trailler on. Took about 18 hours driving. I don't know if I'll SVX or Liberty at the moment. (Might even end up on Virgin which would be a bummer.)

If I take the Liberty then we will have two drivers for sure, the SVX leaves my better half in a bit of a state. I don't know why this should be as she is a good though slow driver. She is skillful as you would expect from someone who drove buses for over 20 or so years.

The reason for the trip is to go to the Deerhound Championship Show and we will be looking to see if we can buy a pup or two. So time might be spent chasing Deerhounds around the State, but if we have any free time it would be good to meet up with any Vic SVXers who may be around. The Deerhound show is on 19/10 and I guess sometime after that and before the next Saturday would probably be OK. So if anyone wants to try and meet up and maybe crack a tinnie let me know.

Kenn

May have to get James to translate some of this for our N.Am pals.

Last edited by KennEls; 09-13-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
If you are passing anywhere near this way, let us know and we can meet up

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:20 PM

Melb Trip

James,

Thanks, I will keep this in mind though I don't think that I will get closer than 400Km's to Sydney as we will take the Newell Hwy. We will try to cover the trip in one hit. Will be easier if herself helps with the drive tho'.

Seems a few of us are having the same dream. Car for Sale!!. Should that post read Girl for Sale!! Is the World really upside down or is it just Oz?

Kenn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: