How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-04-2002, 07:51 PM
bjones

Canadian Members - Please Help

I'm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I'm looking for a 96/97 SVX, preferably black (bordeaux pearl is the next choice, then red) with moderate mileage (50000 km or so). The local dealer has been looking for (it will have to be an "out of province" car, there are only about 7 or 8 here in the city). Using the usual sources (Autotrader, Canadtrader, Globemegawheels) we have found two bordeaux pearl in Ontario (at Newport Motors and Trento Motors) and one ebony pearl in Saskatoon (at Jubilee Motors). The latter has almost 140000 km which is too much for my liking.

If any Canadian member has come across any others for sale in Ontario or the western provinces (not Quebec, too much salt) I'd appreciate it if you could E-mail me the information at bjones16@shaw.ca. I should add that I am not interested in private parties, since it will have to be "sight unseen" there is too much risk.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Smile

Welcome aboard Mr. Jones. While I'm not Canadian, I just drove from Sault Ste. Marie to Cornwall, so I feel like I'm an honorary Ontarion, eh? Have you considered an SVX from any of the northern USA states? You may have more of a selection. Don't rule out private sellers. They are the ones with service histories, & regardless of the mileage, if all recommended service was done, & you can see any other recent repairs, you're in a better position to evaluate the car's condition. What's a dealer going to do? Probably slam-dunk a lot of needed repairs (brakes, alignment etc.) at the least possible investment, then give you a 30 day warranty. There are many members on this site that will be happy to eye-ball any vehicle in which you have found interest.

Good luck with the search - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:38 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Hey,

A friend of mine used to work at a Suby place in Calgary called Centaur (located off MacLoed trail, near Glenmore). He still gets me good deals on parts, and last time I was there, I bought some parts from the guys there. They had 3 SVX's on the lot when I was there (about 6 months back). I doubt they have sold, as they are I'm sure the same ones that were there like 2 years ago as well.

Give them a call, maybe they will give you a deal. I drove one of them a few years ago (pearl one) and it ran fine, had a new tranny in it etc. The cost was just too high for me.

Later,
Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 08-04-2002, 10:05 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: Canadian Members - Please Help

Newport would be a little far for me (1 1/2 hours), but Trento I can go check out for sure if you want.

Note on the Trento one, I think it's been sitting on their lots for several months, so you might have some luck with working on the price with them.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by bjones
I'm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I'm looking for a 96/97 SVX, preferably black (bordeaux pearl is the next choice, then red) with moderate mileage (50000 km or so). The local dealer has been looking for (it will have to be an "out of province" car, there are only about 7 or 8 here in the city). Using the usual sources (Autotrader, Canadtrader, Globemegawheels) we have found two bordeaux pearl in Ontario (at Newport Motors and Trento Motors) and one ebony pearl in Saskatoon (at Jubilee Motors). The latter has almost 140000 km which is too much for my liking.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
bjones,

Finding a 96/97 for sale in Canada is near impossible!

There was a black/ebony 97 for sale at Marion Motors a few years ago (35000km/$35000). It was sold in about 2 days.

Currently there's a 92 Silver one for sale at Kobi's Auto on Main St. I haven't taken a really close look at it yet but from a distance it looks ok. Initially they were asking $13000 but now they are asking a hair under $10000.

There's approximately 12 SVX's right now in Winnipeg. You will almost always see mine at Pony Corral on Pembina Hwy Sunday nights from 6pm to 10pm.

If you ever want a ride just let me know...I can tell/show you what to look for when buying an SVX. I'm also looking for a reason/excuse to check out the one that's still for sale.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:49 AM
bjones

Thanks

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I did investigate a car from the US last summer and, although it's more hassle than buying one in Canada, this remains a possiblility.

Vykam: Thanks very much for your offer to check the SVX out at Trento Motors. However, my understanding from the local dealer is that it has been sold.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.