Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 09-20-2007, 07:12 PM
SVX Jihad

Send a message via AIM to louis Send a message via MSN to louis Send a message via Yahoo to louis
SVXs in the hudson valley of NY

i'm located in kingston and the only other svx of which I am aware is an all-black 95 ls for sale by the salvation army.

anyone around the immediate area have an svx?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Not really close but if its the Kingston i'm thinking of its not to far away from my cabin. The cabin is across the river from Calicoon NY.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 PM

I'm from Kerhonkson NY, and live there over the summers. I visit sometimes during school too. Kingston is about a half hour away and is the nearest shopping mall area to me.

I also saw that Black LS for sale but have never looked at it up close. I think its been on that lot for quite a few years...
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
SVX Jihad

Send a message via AIM to louis Send a message via MSN to louis Send a message via Yahoo to louis
i drive to kerhonkson frequently to visit friends (i was there yesterday)

if you ever see a 92 claret lsl around, odds are it's me.

definitely shoot me a pm when you're next around and we can 'meet up'

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 AM
gettin there....

Send a message via AIM to RedHotSVX Send a message via MSN to RedHotSVX Send a message via Yahoo to RedHotSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
i'm located in kingston and the only other svx of which I am aware is an all-black 95 ls for sale by the salvation army.

anyone around the immediate area have an svx?
I was born and raised in Peekskill until I moved to Mass. My dad lives in Hopewell Jcn, used to live in Pine Plains.
On one of my visits down there last year I was on the Taconic,and there was a storm drain with a pothole around it that took a huge bite out of my left front tire,and bent the wheel and added a 6" crack in it. And N.Y. to Mass on a donut tire at 50-55ish makes for a long trip.And it's not like there was a lot of room to avoid it,cause there is PLENTY of room to manuver on the Taconic.
1997 LSI,18 inch Axis wheel(summer),16 inch ALT wheels(winter),Trans temp/Volt gauges,Iridium plug's, Autotechnica intake,silverstar high/low and fogs,polyurethane sway bar bushing's front and rear,Smallcar shift kit,Stebro exhaust finally..SWEET!!
Motorsports drilled/slotted rotor's front and rear with ceramic pads and SS brake lines.
1997 SUS Legacy,finally got the engine in after a year!!
My Locker
www.myspace.com/devilhornz
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
i drive to kerhonkson frequently to visit friends (i was there yesterday)

if you ever see a 92 claret lsl around, odds are it's me.

definitely shoot me a pm when you're next around and we can 'meet up'
Sounds good, I will PM you sometime around thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotSVX View Post
I was born and raised in Peekskill until I moved to Mass. My dad lives in Hopewell Jcn, used to live in Pine Plains.
On one of my visits down there last year I was on the Taconic,and there was a storm drain with a pothole around it that took a huge bite out of my left front tire,and bent the wheel and added a 6" crack in it. And N.Y. to Mass on a donut tire at 50-55ish makes for a long trip.And it's not like there was a lot of room to avoid it,cause there is PLENTY of room to manuver on the Taconic.
I love the Taconic, but it has its downsides. How often do you see a highway with no shoulder?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:28 PM

I'm in the lower Hudson Valley about 10 miles north of the Tappin Zee. If I'm in Kingston, it's because I'm driving thru on the Thruway. I know the SVX was produced in limited numbers and a sighting can be rae but here in Chappaqua, there are 5 SVX's. The local Ford dealer just took a 92 on trade in, askin $8000 and there's a red 95 in the Pennysaver for $6500.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
gettin there....

Send a message via AIM to RedHotSVX Send a message via MSN to RedHotSVX Send a message via Yahoo to RedHotSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantt8 View Post
Sounds good, I will PM you sometime around thanksgiving.

I love the Taconic, but it has its downsides. How often do you see a highway with no shoulder?
Not to often,theres just something about doing 80 with the middle guardrail 1-2 feet to your left,a car 1-2 feet to your right,and 1-2 feet of road to their right.Especially around the right hand turn coming south before rt6 that seems like it just about goes in a complete circle.
1997 LSI,18 inch Axis wheel(summer),16 inch ALT wheels(winter),Trans temp/Volt gauges,Iridium plug's, Autotechnica intake,silverstar high/low and fogs,polyurethane sway bar bushing's front and rear,Smallcar shift kit,Stebro exhaust finally..SWEET!!
Motorsports drilled/slotted rotor's front and rear with ceramic pads and SS brake lines.
1997 SUS Legacy,finally got the engine in after a year!!
My Locker
www.myspace.com/devilhornz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: