Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Shifter Trim Piece from +94 Q

I recently switched out my entire interior wood grain from my 92 to a 94 (man, what an improvement). Problem is, my shifter trim is not only damaged slightly, but it has the door lock button in it. Was there ever one made in the Newer woodgrain w/o the button in it?

James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:50 PM
<<<Alcyone

I can't answer the question you've posted.

If the slight damage is livable and you don't want to try to wire the switch for its intended purpose, you could still use it for something else . . . Ecutune 1.4 87 octane, Solenoid C lock, Heated seats. You get the idea.

Just my $.02.

Dan
Old 03-12-2006, 05:51 PM

No, 94+ woodgrain was never made without the hole.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
How difficult would it be to wire it for its intended purpose? I also have a Prestige Alarm system in this thing that acts stupid all the time (that means I have no idea how to use it yet...will learn it fine though...maybe), so I dunno what that would mean to the wires spliced to make that system work.

J
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Yeah, none ever made with no hole. Just like tan interior cars and their roofs.
I had some....scratches...In a peice of my woodgrain, I actually ran over it with armorall protective wipes...and you can barely notice it now. That and the woodgrain is SOOOO shiney.
As for the hole, just get dayle's carbon fiber dash overlay kit and cove the hole with that
Just kidding....Why would anyone...um...eugh -Shuddder-
The hole looks like it would be a prime canidate for a toggle switch to a stereo or the buton to engage your NAWZZZZ!!!....or to turn on them kickasspip underbody lights. Or hell, this is what Id do... Modify a bajillion candlepower spotlight to fit behind your waterfall grill and put the killswitch in the hole. Thatd be awesome

my two cents

Oh! Ooh! you can make it a very small change holder, and take the other change holder out to make roo for your NAWZZ and underbody blinkey lights buttons!

Okay, im done
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
$13000 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Crusader Send a message via MSN to Crusader Send a message via Yahoo to Crusader
I actually have a switch wired to toggle my power antenna up or down, for some reason I really didn't like the look of it being up so I put in a switch so it would only have to be when I needed it... of course this had nothing to do with your blank hole in the trim, as mine is just chillin underneath the CD player in that blank spot. Just another idea for what to use the switch for.