Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2013, 05:32 PM

Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
I will no longer be posting or looking at the forum because people like Bazza bust my ball with statements like this then later when the statement is proven wrong and on based on wrong info he tells me I am wrong and should not post anything.
Bazza is incapable of admitting that he was wrong, not a chance because his got all the answers.

I will no longer be posting or even opening this forum, Bazza should have been kicked off when he flamed Harvey last year.
If you read my post properly it never says you are wrong. It simply says I've never actually seen the cavitation myself. Most people understand to solve an issue you need to experience it first hand.

My mate with his now 1000 bhp EG33 finally found the cavitation issue as I've already said and he went to an electric water pump to solve it.

Now above I've simply said that if the electric pump is 500W then it will be 41A.... you asked what alternator would run it and pretty much any modern Subaru one will. I actually checked and found that my last race setup with electric water pump and 2 x 16" Davies Craig thermo's were sucking 40A - so i know it can be done first hand.

As for me being banned - why? Because I don't agree with most things you and Harvey say? That's the whole idea of an internet forum. I recall Harvey busting my balls over numerous things including the 272 cams and you busting my balls because I was using an AC 240V pump (like the guys in the thesis) to do my testing. Then every step of the way for my own testing you were busting my balls and coming up with excuses why my testing had different results to your own. Stop being a hypocrite.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post

My mate with his now 1000 bhp EG33 finally found the cavitation issue as I've already said and he went to an electric water pump to solve it.
Bazza - your mate had no problems at 500+hp @ 6000 rpm for extended times. Now at 1000 hp he sees "cavitation".... are you sure it's the same phenomenon the guys with NA engines are experiencing at high revs?

The difference in heat rejection with a 500+hp engine and a 1000 hp engine is quite different :-)

Just a thought....

/T
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Registered SVX

You guys are all going to hate me for this one, so please accept my apologies at this point :

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...7106&showall=1

We know the OEM radiator looks flimsy.... that's probably because it's designed for a high coolant flow rate and a low delta T.

What if the high performance radiators do actually have a higher heat release capacity, but are designed for a lower flow rate?

How many people have actually run into these problems with an absolutely stock arrangement, including all the rad side seals and the engine bay underside plastics and all?

Honestly.

Tapani
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Registered SVX

How about decreasing the stock pumps efficiency by drilling / machining and leaving the system as is otherwise...... and then installing a simple electric booster pump for potential low speed overheating situations?

There are plenty of mechanical pumps available for the American iron for high rpm applications (circle track etc). These may well cause low speed overheating issues.

Could this work for the track cars? Best of both worlds?

http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Mer...Code=ElectPump

/T