Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM

Hello

Hi all,
I have just joined this forum after buying an svx two weeks ago. I can't believe how rare they are in the uk I think there are around 30 in the country or something like that. To be quite honest I didn't know much about the svx and I bought it purely for its looks and the flat 6 engine when I saw it.
It has covered 101000km's but got converted to mph at 60000 so it looks like its done about 78k miles.
Mine is a JAP import so I am not 100% sure what spec it is. It doesn't have a sunroof and it has sueade seats. It does have a rear spoiler and controls on the steering wheel. Did this model have 4 wheel steer aswell as 4 wheel drive? There is no service history with it so I am going to get it serviced. Can any garage do this or do you think I should subaru main dealers? Its running fine and there are no issues with the engine or running gear apart from some worn bushes on the suspension as it does bang around a bit over bumps (seams to be common problem with import cars!). Maybe a set of new brake pads all round too at some point as the ones do look a bit thin.
The only problem I have before I do all this is to replace the near side rear quarter! Some idiot side swiped me in a car park on sunday and has left a rather large dent/scratch down the side of my car! Luckily he left his details and the carpark has cctv so just going through the insurance now.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome you can tell which model it is from the vin number mine starts CXD which is the 4 wheel steer model. You can get parts from the States quite easily

Last edited by DJW svx; 02-08-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Re: Hello

Hi, thankyou. My vin number starts with cxw option axc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: