How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
well if you are totally serious, I can contact 2 other people I would want involved and see if we can get this together. It would be smart to start with an entirely new car. We will build it and then you can have it painted. I know one of the two people will be up for it, just getting the third might be a bit of trouble.

Tom
Old 02-10-2007, 11:30 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
The Idea was to meet as many members as possible, i tought that was cool.
For the rest , there is Subaru Performance right here at 100 km of my home and they give a car meanwhile ( WRX ) . As for the schedule , it will be done in june or july . I want it for the show in Montréal . ( SCP ) I'll think about buying the one you have for sale but , I'm meeting with someone tonight with a very interresting offer ...
Old 02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
For the rest , there is Subaru Performance right here at 100 km of my home and they give a car meanwhile ( WRX ) . As for the schedule , it will be done in june or july . I want it for the show in Montréal . ( SCP ) I'll think about buying the one you have for sale but , I'm meeting with someone tonight with a very interresting offer ...

OK, so if you just want to meet everybody, there's a cheaper and less frustrating way.
I got on this board Dec 2002, chatted a lot, made a deal with svxcess to buy first first SVX.
I live on the West coast of Canada, and the car was in the Wash DC area.
Flew in, grabbed the car, had a meet(qualified as a meet cause there were 4 SVX's and 2 more owners than that).
Started to drive home from there, met more members on my way home.

It was a trip of a lifetime, met the greatest people ever(not just cause they have SVX's) and even stayed with a few of them.

Second to visiting the NWSVX Museum in Northern Washington State and during a mega meet there(Plug), there is the annual Subaru thing on the east coast(ish), you'll not get a better option to meet the group than a trip across the US and Canada.

Crap, ya need a passport now to get into the USA, lol.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Quote:

OK, so if you just want to meet everybody, there's a cheaper and less frustrating way.
I got on this board Dec 2002, chatted a lot, made a deal with svxcess to buy first first SVX.
I live on the West coast of Canada, and the car was in the Wash DC area.
Flew in, grabbed the car, had a meet(qualified as a meet cause there were 4 SVX's and 2 more owners than that).
Started to drive home from there, met more members on my way home.

It was a trip of a lifetime, met the greatest people ever(not just cause they have SVX's) and even stayed with a few of them.

Second to visiting the NWSVX Museum in Northern Washington State and during a mega meet there(Plug), there is the annual Subaru thing on the east coast(ish), you'll not get a better option to meet the group than a trip across the US and Canada.

Crap, ya need a passport now to get into the USA, lol.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Hi , It's time to do something a bit different I hope : I want to rebuild the whole engine
Put a 6 speed and turbo charge it in the same week or two .
I'm far away so , i'll go to somebody's place that has the equipment , and we'll do the job there. I can sleep in a motel or in my car . The members could come by , check or help us ! Of course , I'll pay the time or the job if needed , beers , pizzas , dancers .... even pompom girls ! BBQ party and things like that .
Is anybody up for the chalenge. Burn that on a dream ... And my dream is having The Car .
If you are truely serious about this I would suggest that you contact proven fabricators, mechanics, and innovators who are familiar with the SVX.
If you brought the elite of this Network together, you could drive it to Reading AND the 15th Anniversary!

My list of The Best would include
Huck369
Phast SVX
TomsSVX
svxfiles
and for tech support
LAN
&
Mychailo
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Maniac modifier

Tom... want some cheese doodles??

Tom
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Tom... want some cheese doodles??

Tom
hehehe can I have a new bag???
Old 02-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
hehehe can I have a new bag???
Sure... might as well I figured this much, but it would have been pretty cool

Tom
Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Benztech55

Send a message via AIM to Benztech55
get the car to va

look if your for f'In serious get the car to va my freind own a tranny shop. I'm a engine builder, my best friend owns a machine shop. I can talk to a freind of my a see if he is up for painting another. My oldest brother is a engine builder for penske racing he make the pistons and rods for mine engine. between my brother and I we design a killer turbos set up for mine it seem to be a very reliable power building package. I invested about $27k in mine and it knocks the doors of my wife mb c55 amg. I but 7 cars on my friends tt supra that makes 590 wheel horsepower . It took three week to build mine. once every thing was made. If you want to do this in 2 weeks I will need a few weeks to get stuff made. And sent here. I think i can find a place for u to stay. So between my 4 employees and my buddy guys a the tranny shop. I can be done.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:10 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Thanx for the response !

Ok , i've read all . Doing a trip would be great... And blasting the doors of a AMG too ... I'm Starting to do things to have the cash . If you have more ideas , tell me . I need to sell some buildings to have the money from my succession ( is that the right word for : Héritage? ) And i'll finalise my house shopping in 2 or 3 months . ( too much work , never had a house ... man ) Stay tuned for developments ...
Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
...Why not ake the massive amounts of inherited money and invest it into something (Say, real estate or the stock market) and have a considerable amount more next year? It just seems stupid to me to blow 50 grand on some crappy car when you can easily turn it into more money to do things with

If anything Id jsut buy a garage with a ****load of tools, and spend time doing the fabrication myself. I think that'd create a HELL of alot more gratifaction than paying somebody else to do the work, but to each his own
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
I'm with Eric.

Don't blow all your money on a car, on any car.

Enjoy yourself, your Grandad would want that. But be sensible about burning it up.

You sure would be if you had to earn it or save it, so why not respect the work of those that went before you to put that inheritance your way?

Enjoy it anyway, that's what life is for.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-17-2007, 07:08 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Wow,

Now we all love our SVX's here BUT if you have that much money to "blow" I agree you should invest it. I dont know how old you are but , invested right it will help a LOT when you retire. Its something to think about when your still young because SS aint what it used to be. Dang I sound like im ancient, i am only 38 but after listening to a 401K discussion on investing and how much we actually are going to need just to SURVIVE, not to live it up when we retire is scary!

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

I've found a mecanic that does have a SVX for himself... He wants to do all the things for free if I help him !! ... Man , what a luck , it's one of my new customers . ( I'M in cell phones ) well well , lets start the project ... I'll start an other thread with photos and advancement , so if you want to give ideas and things like that , go for it. The new thread should be there in 2 weeks since i'll receive part of the money. i'm very thrilled !!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Ho and by the way ! I'm importing a : SVX 1992 with 4WS directly from Japan !! I'll send photos of that one to when i'll have them . I'm supposed to have a choice , waiting for the guy to call me ...