Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-22-2006, 07:35 PM

This is a little off the original topic and questions but one of the reasons diesel is not used as much as gas in the US is becuase of supply and demand. You get about 20 gallons of gas out of a barrel of oil, verses 10 gallons of diesel fuel. Besides it takes alot of money and planning to change the infra-structure in the United States. There are millions of cars running on gas and if everything changed to diesel you would have big problems. We have over 33,000 miles/ 53,000km of Interstates and over a million miles of secondary highways and roads. I can't even begin to estimate how many Gas Stations we have. The land is spread out as well as families who live here so transportation issues are not as easy solve and change as they are in Europe. As far as the other question of which company is copying which companies designs, I don't know. I do know this, GM has over 50 models of cars and trucks and if only a couple resemble other companies designs, then I don't see a big deal. GM shares it chassis with several different cars in its lineup, however so does Subaru, hence all the tranny and differential swaps. It's a dog eat dog world and sometimes integrity and originality has to be sacrificed for the almighty dollar. There are thousands of families that are depending on GM to sell cars and make money, so they can have a paycheck to buy food and pay the bills. If a point is to made about copying then one should look at China's manufacturing.

Last edited by Hose92SVX; 11-22-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: