IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
$2.41 per gallon regular last night. Still dropping.

I don't get it.
i don't "get" you. please elaborate.

in any case, i saw gas for $2.439 on the west end of town. i wonder what prices will be when i need to refuel again on friday.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
yeah!!! down to $3.01 for premium!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
been holdoing steady below $2 in parts of Jersey. I paid 2.29 for 93oct while reg is a mere 1.98. I cannot wait for the Gas wars this year.... I can see sub $2 prices for 93 soon I am still waiting for E-85 to come to Jersey

Tom
Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
i don't "get" you. please elaborate.

in any case, i saw gas for $2.439 on the west end of town. i wonder what prices will be when i need to refuel again on friday.

We lost the pipeline, China's use is increasing, everyone is jittery over Iran, and no positive change in Iraq. All other tickers are even. The demand slows every fall, but the last 4 years have seen increases at this time, not decreases.

What I don't "get"., is what's driving this continuous spiral down. If it's just our government doing this, or the oil companies doing it, then we should be asking questions on what's been going on in the years prior.

I'm giggled silly that the prices are decreasing, but where's all that money I've already spent?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 10-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
We lost the pipeline, China's use is increasing, everyone is jittery over Iran, and no positive change in Iraq. All other tickers are even. The demand slows every fall, but the last 4 years have seen increases at this time, not decreases.

What I don't "get"., is what's driving this continuous spiral down. If it's just our government doing this, or the oil companies doing it, then we should be asking questions on what's been going on in the years prior.

I'm giggled silly that the prices are decreasing, but where's all that money I've already spent?
k. i get you now.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM

The cost of a barrel of oil dropped again today! It's dropped a whopping $20 a barrel in less than 6 weeks.

Somebody "splain" to me WTF?????

As that skater once said... Whyyyyy? Whhhhyyyyy? Whhhhyyyyyy???

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Gas prices....

Our went to 1.99 today! For unleaded that is....93 is still 2.29 but considering it was 2.89 a month ago , 2.29 doesnt sound too bad! Thats in Lynchburg Va.

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Hater

Quote:
The cost of a barrel of oil dropped again today! It's dropped a whopping $20 a barrel in less than 6 weeks.

Somebody "splain" to me WTF?????

As that skater once said... Whyyyyy? Whhhhyyyyy? Whhhhyyyyyy???

Damn Evil Bush!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-04-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
Damn Evil Bush!
I'z smelzzzz da sulfur!!1!1!1!!111!!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Basic Economics!!

Quote:
I'z smelzzzz da sulfur!!1!1!1!!111!!
Any one with half a brain knows what factors bear on the price of gas and that the price is largely set by the oil futures trading on the WORLD market. Prices are not set by the government even though government annoucements and decisions can have a bearing on them.

For openers the futures traders are not driving the prices upward because of the world situation. The war between Israel/Lebanon appears to being resolved peacefully. The Iran issue has not heated up---sort of on low simmer at this point. The war in Iraq is largely a war between Islamic religious sects and is not threatening the world oil supply. The hurricane season has been a bust with no threat to gulf oil supplies or refining. The high price of oil has resulted in maximum worldwide oil drilling/pumping/exploration. (Some countries are having to wait as long as a year to get rigs for exploration/drilling) All of this impacts on the future traders bid prices for future oil production.

The results of this is that the worldwide price of oil has gone down over $22 per barrel over the last 2 months.

Closer to home in the US. The peak driving season is over with the start of school. The high price of gas has changed some peoples driving habits (read reduction). The sales of SUVs went down drastically further reducing real or potential gas usage. Refining capacity has recovered after Katrina/Rita and with the slow hurricane season supplies are excellent.

The pure economic forces results of all of this is that SUPPLY EXCEEDS DEMAND----AND as any idiot knows, whenever supply exceeds demand----PRICES GO DOWN.

Now what is it you do not understand about basic economics that needs further explanation???

If the positive forces improve in the future---prices will go down further. IF the market forces get worse---the price will go back up.

"It is economics, stupid---not politics." LGH

Lee

Last edited by lhopp77; 10-04-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Any one with half a brain knows what factors bear on the price of gas and that the price is largely set by the oil futures trading on the WORLD market. Prices are not set by the government even though government annoucements and decisions can have a bearing on them.

For openers the futures traders are not driving the prices upward because of the world situation. The war between Israel/Lebanon appears to being resolved peacefully. The Iran issue has not heated up---sort of on low simmer at this point. The war in Iraq is largely a war between Islamic religious sects and is not threatening the world oil supply. The hurricane season has been a bust with no threat to gulf oil supplies or refining. The high price of oil has resulted in maximum worldwide oil drilling/pumping/exploration. (Some countries are having to wait as long as a year to get rigs for exploration/drilling) All of this impacts on the future traders bid prices for future oil production.

The results of this is that the worldwide price of oil has gone down over $22 per barrel over the last 2 months.

Closer to home in the US. The peak driving season is over with the start of school. The high price of gas has changed some peoples driving habits (read reduction). The sales of SUVs went down drastically further reducing real or potential gas usage. Refining capacity has recovered after Katrina/Rita and with the slow hurricane season supplies are excellent.

The pure economic forces results of all of this is that SUPPLY EXCEEDS DEMAND----AND as any idiot knows, whenever supply exceeds demand----PRICES GO DOWN.

Now what is it you do not understand about basic economics that needs further explanation???

If the positive forces improve in the future---prices will go down further. IF the market forces get worse---the price will go back up.

Lee
I still smell sulfur.

It's just lingering in the air around the gas stations. Yep!! Sulfur!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77

Lee

thanks for clearing that up. i now see that Bush is only involved when something bad happens. if gas prices were on the rise, we could then attribute that to Bush's evil.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-04-2006, 07:09 PM

Sulfurz. I smelz da sulfurz.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:32 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Sulfurz. I smelz da sulfurz.
put down the pipe.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
put down the pipe.
Sulfurz!!!!

Iz smelz da SULFURZ!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: