SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
We whipped American butt before (1812), and if we have to, dammit, we'll do it again.
Ah yes... Thursday, August 25, 1814. Should be made a public holiday in Canada
Old 04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Certified Porschephile

I think the National Guards of Minnesota, Montana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and New York could take 70% of Canada in the first 2 weeks. This isn't 1812, and we were fighting the British with the largest most powerful navy in the world at the time. But, I'm not calling for invasion, but annexation. A merger of sorts.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Destiny
We whipped American butt before (1812), and if we have to, dammit, we'll do it again.
Did you guys notice the picture in this article where some rich guy is standing up in row boat? It's rainy, the water is all turbulent, there's absolutely no room on the boat, and then here's this belligerent little daddy's money runt standing up in the middle of the boat.

What is it about rich people wearing general's outfits and standing up in rowboats? That's like the fifth painting I've seen of that from around the world. It's not like there are painters out there painting these at the time. Were these rich noble guys really that belligerent?

If I was rowing a boat and some rich guy stood up acting all noble, I'd plant that oar square up his a.. and yell "Sit down axxhole!!, don't you see how turbulent it is? Sit your axx down!!" Square up his rear, I ain't playin' that.. rowing my butt off and he plays SUV out in this type of water. He needs to grab an oar before I plant him one of mine up side his face.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Somebody needs to get every one of those rowboat rich runt pictures, and photoshop cell phones in. That's the only thing missing from those pictures. He should be gabbing on a cellphone to make it complete.

Tics me off.....

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:05 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
I think the National Guards of Minnesota, Montana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and New York could take 70% of Canada in the first 2 weeks. This isn't 1812, and we were fighting the British with the largest most powerful navy in the world at the time.
I think you underestimate our chances. That sounds like the same kind of arrogant prediction that was made at the onset of the Iraq fiasco. To our credit, our armed forces aren't too busy fighting a corporate war for oil and Halliburton contract opportunities, so they'd actually be available to defend the country. Where would you get the soldiers to attempt an invasion? Many of us are also avid hunters and outdoors people (read: even a lot of our civilians know how to survive, and shoot things accurately). I think we'd give the states a run for their money. We could show the state militias the true meaning of 'insurgent'. But I digress...
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*

Last edited by Nemesis Destiny; 04-20-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Somebody needs to get every one of those rowboat rich runt pictures, and photoshop cell phones in. That's the only thing missing from those pictures. He should be gabbing on a cellphone to make it complete.

Tics me off.....
Hey... you can start with this one!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 PM

Well.... it would be a good place. Washington was the wealthiest man in America at the time... Adams was closing in fast.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:57 PM

Ehhh... This'll do in a crunch.

Last edited by Electrophil; 04-21-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM

Why does it always make my pictures so small?

Old 04-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Why does it always make my pictures so small?
Edit that post, and take a look at the file name that you used for that picture. You actually linked to the thumbnail instead of the full pic, because when I went to your locker I could view the pic regular size. Another clue is the name of the pic file you used: 35445s.jpg. That "S" indicates the thumbnail. Take out the "S" and you'll magically see the regular size pic appear in your post.

Hmm... on second thought, don't just take out the "S" because then the pic is way too big! Even your other version, 35444.jpg is a little on the large size. But that's why it made your picture so small, 'cause you told it to!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Edit that post, and take a look at the file name that you used for that picture. You actually linked to the thumbnail instead of the full pic, because when I went to your locker I could view the pic regular size. Another clue is the name of the pic file you used: 35445s.jpg. That "S" indicates the thumbnail. Take out the "S" and you'll magically see the regular size pic appear in your post.

Hmm... on second thought, don't just take out the "S" because then the pic is way too big! Even your other version, 35444.jpg is a little on the large size. But that's why it made your picture so small, 'cause you told it to!
Thanks Bipa, you have just solved a problem I've had since I joined this site. Geez!! That's why I never post pictures or edit them out. Those shots didn't start out that big. I expanded them in Photoshop trying to get them bigger on the thread!

So just take out the s, and I'm good to go. I'll reduce them, and now I can also update my thread on my new paint job! I'm sure no one here has ever seen a teal before.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Serious Relevant Question

Very appropriate question for this forum. What does Toyota have to do with Subaru???

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-21-2006, 03:48 PM
building more AK47's

Toyota now owns Subaru
Old 04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Better Answer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx
Toyota now owns Subaru
I was hoping for a better and more detailed answer. Bipa--you disappoint me for not answering.

Actually Toyota owns less than 10 percent of Subaru.

The significant bit of information I was looking for is that nearly 100,000 Toyota Camrys will be built in the Subaru Auto Plant in Indiana.

TOYOTAS BUILT BY SUBARU.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
maybe she was busy?
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD