Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 02-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
ECU STAGE 1 Dilemma

hey guys, yesterday i decided to install the stage 1 chip in my SVX. I opened the ECU box as required in the instructions but found out that the white sticker on the ROM reads something like F03........ or F30..... (sorry I forgot) instead of F23AYH06 as stated by ECUtune.... is it normal? or is it just me? after an hour of scratching my head, i decided to install it.. after that drove my car, everything was normal, i didn't feel much boost at first but then the power appeared clearly. the lag was minimizing and today i felt the real thing more and more...
am i getting full power of that chip? does the number really matter on the ROM? well i am feeling some kick out of it so far, but i need to know some experts' opinions about the thing... Longassname? anyone?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
It's fine. As long as the tan resistor was cut and the check engine light comes on when you turn the key on then it's working fine.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
It will get progressively better every time you drive it.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
yeah but i thought it won't work or even burn my ECU... my ROMs read other than described by ECUtune... they are totally different, something like F0301...01 , i was wondering, how did it work?

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:24 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Could it be because you do not have a US model?
Mabey you could try the European forum to see if they have different #'s also. Most likely it's the same ROM, just a different part #.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 02-04-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
My whole car is a dilemma! it comes from Saudi Arabia, cars over there are US specs, for example it has yellow corners like US cars, but a european/australian heart (35/65 AWD ratio)... SVX's sold in Lebanon have white corners like JDM cars...

Ecutune has stressed to check the number on the ROM as F23....., and through our email, he told me that it may be that this chip doesn't work on my car specs, i took the risk and bought it anyway not knowing if it does an effect or so.... the outcome? it works like a charm....

for all the guys outside US not certain that this chip will work, i assure them it does! buy with confidence!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
Hey Dan this is a little off topic, but could you put a pic of your car in your locker at this angle...

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
oops

Last edited by michael; 03-14-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
if you can send the rom from your car to us I can read it and see what EXACTLY is different between the US software and your version. That won't necessarily tell us about the European or Australian SVX's but it's still a step forward in learning the differences in software between countries.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
deruvian

Quote:
Originally posted by longassname
if you can send the rom from your car to us I can read it and see what EXACTLY is different between the US software and your version. That won't necessarily tell us about the European or Australian SVX's but it's still a step forward in learning the differences in software between countries.
Take one for the team man! Send it to him!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Ciscokid

Quote:
if you can send the rom from your car to us

No no...send it to me. I can install it and after 6, 7, even 24 months of rigorous testing, I will give you a full report

Old 02-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Longass, if i take the ROM out of my car, how would i drive it then? push it? what i can say is that the chip works perfectly... so be confident guys (outside US) about it...
I can give you the numbers on the ROMs the white sticker F03.... and the other three ROMs beside it...

Old 02-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by michael
Hey Dan this is a little off topic, but could you put a pic of your car in your locker at this angle...
Why is that? Sorry for asking...

Old 02-07-2005, 06:20 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
I hope you're not too sensitive about constructive criticism , but I wanted to photoshop off the graphics and add a jdm wing and k-staff bumper.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Question pls tell me

Guys i wanna ask you something about myself, i have been getting feedback about my character as not respecting anyone in this forum... but i just cannot remember when i offended someone other than the timei began posting on this website... how you see me as a person? uncool? agressive? intolerable? unrespectful? etc......... pls tell me, if i offended anyone on this forum let me know, i am more than happy to apologize to all people in a thread !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: