Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Formula 101 Again

Did the Formula 101 thing again in Hershey Park. Beautiful day. Sunny,m cool. Did pretty well. Still not up to the speed of the serious Autocrossers there. Below is the image of the courses I posted last time.

Here I am about to leave the pits:

In a turn:

Hitting the apex:

Trying to convince these guys to bring their gig to the Meadowlands.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold

Last edited by shotgunslade; 11-19-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Dan,
How do you get notified about these events? Hershey Parks isn't all that far a drive for me, especially to drive those cars
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Locker Link Solution

Yeah! I've asked before, but I never had any time to go check it out. It looks great though
Search for his last thread, I think he listed a website with a schedule.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 11-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Bill:

Here is the website: http://www.formula101.com/

Cost this season was $340 for a half day session. You get about 20 minutes of seat time, so it's not the greatest bargain, but if an Autocross gives you 2 minutes of seat time in your own car for $25, it's not too bad in comparison. Our company takes clients to it, so I do it for free. It's a great client relations gig.

They're done for the year I think. They only do Hershey Park about two or three times a year.

Dan

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Just curious slade, how do you turn that wheel? You look like your a little cramped in there.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Just curious slade, how do you turn that wheel? You look like your a little cramped in there.

He's not driving, the car is remotely controlled. That way they dont have to worry about anyone damaging them......
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM

BTW Dan we autox there 2x a year. Definately a nice lot to run on since you already know how to get there and all
Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ben,
Let me know when you'll be at Hershey Park in 2007...can probably get up there if I use the old "and we can go to the Park after I'm done driving" routine
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I will have to give AutoX a try in my car. By the way, the secret of turning the wheel in the Formula Ford is that you don't have to turn it very much at all. 1/4 turn either way is the most you need.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Let me know when you'll be at Hershey Park in 2007...can probably get up there if I use the old "and we can go to the Park after I'm done driving" routine
-Bill
Can't use the old "and..." They won't let ya on the lots when the park is open to the public. Always run there in mid April and end of October.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Can't use the old "and..." They won't let ya on the lots when the park is open to the public. Always run there in mid April and end of October.
She doesn't have to know that until they get up here, that means MORE TIME FOR RACING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: