How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-25-2005, 06:33 PM
cycleman50

not working radio antenna

Shop kids took my seat out to get fixed. All put back together, but school is now out and there is a problem. My radio antenna does not go up and at night the light does not light up to show the station. At another forum they said the wiring is under the seat - but I can only see the two sets of wires that go to the connections on the seat. Can anyone tell me exactly where they may have unhooked the wires to the antenna motor?
I looked at the "mess" of wires next to the fuse box on drivers side door, and all seems to be hooked up properly.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:52 PM
pnyklr

Thats strange my car has the same exact problem and I have power going to the antenna and the plug (test light checked it) do you hear the antenna motor at all.. I don't
Old 06-26-2005, 12:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
The first thing to check is whether the antenna turn on wire is getting power when the radio is on or if it has been accidentally grounded. This would be best done with a multimeter rather than a test light. I don't know if the wire runs under the seat or in the side panels, but it should be easy enough to test at the antenna itself. Another way would be to disconnect the radio and directly jumper the antenna turn on with 12V at the harness to isolate whether the problem is in the radio or elsewhere. If the antenna raises by jumpering, then you know the problem is in the radio.

KuoH
Old 06-26-2005, 06:21 AM
cycleman50

not working radio antenna

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the wiring diagram for the radio/antenna motor for the '95 SVX? Dealer is NOT cooperative on me trying to fix problem.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Welcome to the network!
(I was the one who referred you here from alt.autos.subaru)
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.