Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Kiteless

Cruise Control no longer works.

Ok I used the search and one thread I found was this one:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...Cruise+Control

What happened with me is that I took in my 94' because I was getting a klanking sound coming from the back drivers side tire. They fixed that and while it was there I had them do a tranny flush and fill. (SO far no ill effects from the flush that I can see, this was about 2 weeks ago now.) But before they fixed the tire I called my dealr and was like WTF is up with me back drivers side tire and he offered to fix it for me for free. He had the car for a full 7 days because he had to order a few dealer only parts. I got it back and got on the freeway and now the Cruise Control does not work, I push the button on the dash and then move the little level to "set" and the light on the cluster does not come on.

So knowing all that, is there something that may have gotten disconnected by the mechanic or was this just bad timing? Is there a common hode or part that disconnects/breaks that I could look out for? Can the computer tell me what is wrong? Currently my check engine light still comes on but veeeeery veeeeeeeery occasionally. It was on almost all the time when I ran a tank of 87 through it on accedent. Thanks for all your help in advance.