Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-14-2004, 09:29 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

What's all this arguing?? This is my first time back on the boards in a week and everyone's arguing about threads being closed...

Well what I'm gonna do from now on in all my posts is make it a Poll... The two options are gonna be "This thread should be closed" and "This thread is fine"... That should take alot of the work from the moderators and should allow everyone to see the percentage of people that are offended by the post.

I really think that all of the members need to grow a thicker skin though. There are some times where I see the most Non-Offensive threads closed then threads that I find offensive don't get closed....

Either way I can tell you this, in the year and a half that I've been on this site I have NEVER ONCE USED THE "This thread is offensive" BUTTON... Maybe some people need to back off that button too... If I find a thread offensive I just don't read it. That sounds like something that all those other members that are quick to "push the button" should think about doing...

Please if anyone is "Offended" by this thread please feel free to PM me and let me know how bad your feelings are hurt...

Finally I would like to thank everyone that asked about my little accident at the Dragon meet. I really appreciate all the comments and will fill in everyone as soon as I know what the verdict is from the insurance company.

Thanks

Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-14-2004, 11:00 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Either way I can tell you this, in the year and a half that I've been on this site I have NEVER ONCE USED THE "This thread is offensive" BUTTON... Maybe some people need to back off that button too... If I find a thread offensive I just don't read it. That sounds like something that all those other members that are quick to "push the button" should think about doing...

Thanks

Chris
What he said

PS Glad you're ok Chris

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-14-2004, 11:24 AM
5 speeds rock! :D

I agree with the man in green.

Welcome back, Chris. Glad you're OK

Since I started both these threads, I guess I was here since the beginning. I also guess I'm pretty dense, 'cause I really don't get what everyone is so heated about.

Porter, please don't go. Your contributions to this site are highly valuable.

Sorry I got everyone fired up. Again.

I think I'll go read some of the threads about cars.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
that is the problem - the rules are only being enforced selectively. my posts or threads can get yanked without warning or explanantion (and for the most part, any valid reason), but others are allowed to stay that clearly violate the rules.
No. Your posts are being deleted or moved because you put little digs at the moderators or other members that most people don't catch. Then you act all innocent and say "What exactly did I do?"

Quote:
i have no problem with rules, but if they are to be implemented to the letter of the law, then make that apply to everyone.
That's Funny coming from you.

Quote:
Porter, i don't want to see you or anyone go.
If only that were true. You baited other members to infuriate them just so they would go off on you. Then you come in and say that they are the problem.

Just so everyone understands, Alan is having a beef with most of the moderators on this board. He does things to torment us, then comes here and posts about how nice and rule abiding he is.

He is happy to posts PMs from other members that he has a beef with, but he won't post all the warnings he has received from moderators. I wonder why?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
If only that were true. You baited other members to infuriate them just so they would go off on you. Then you come in and say that they are the problem..........

Just so everyone understands, Alan is having a beef with most of the moderators on this board. He does things to torment us, then comes here and posts about how nice and rule abiding he is.

He is happy to posts PMs from other members that he has a beef with, but he won't post all the warnings he has received from moderators. I wonder why?

Doug
please explain "baited other members." i assume this means Rob. if a grown man can't control his temper and act like an adult, that's HIS problem. so its all MY fault Rob went off like a spoiled child. if he's been such a victim of my "baiting", then please invite him back.

ridiculous.

what am i doing to torment you, Doug? i had no idea that you were so senstive and prone to drama.

when have i ever posted a PM from another member i had a beef with? provide some evidence please. i'd be happy to post warnings from the moderators, but i don't seem to get many. my posts just get yanked with no explanation. when i have received a warning, i have abided by it.

sure are a lot of ego trips going on.....

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Doug
I wonder if this is the best way to handle it... If you are talking about Alan's little Jaunt with Chicane, well then I understand what you mean doug. However maybe certian situations between moderators (or anyone with "power" here) and a "normal members" should be handled in private. especially if things come out that would cause other people to look down on the "Normal Member"

Remember, there are no bad followers, only bad leaders.... (just a little bit of military knowelage for ya)

Private things should be kept private...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-14-2004, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Private things should be kept private...
I agree. He should stop posting complaints and looking for sympathy.

Believe me, its not just Rob. Alan is capable of starting crap anywhere with anyone.

As for your bad leaders comment. We are not leaders of this board, we are not role models, we are just volunteers. We expect people to know how to act like adults here and are left to pick up after them when they do not.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 06-14-2004, 02:11 PM

Quote:

please explain "baited other members." i assume this means Rob. if a grown man can't control his temper and act like an adult, that's HIS problem. so its all MY fault Rob went off like a spoiled child. if he's been such a victim of my "baiting", then please invite him back.

ridiculous.

what am i doing to torment you, Doug? i had no idea that you were so senstive and prone to drama.

when have i ever posted a PM from another member i had a beef with? provide some evidence please. i'd be happy to post warnings from the moderators, but i don't seem to get many. my posts just get yanked with no explanation. when i have received a warning, i have abided by it.

sure are a lot of ego trips going on.....
I am amazed at your ability to fool yourself. There are only a handful of members here that have received multiple warnings.

No you do not abide by warnings. You use a warning to act like a two year old. You were told to change your avatar. You edited the image to be even more insulting. That is not abiding, that is childish. You were told to stop making wise cracks about other members, you replied "Who am I annoying?" You knew damn well who you were annoying, you were just being childish again.

There are hundreds of members who have never been warned by a moderator, but oh, that's right, we are just picking on you...

Give me a break.

Doug
1994 LSi (4/93)

1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion

My Locker
Old 06-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
Nice dig. Yes, Trevor was intelligent and outspoken. He was also present on this board because he wanted people to worship him for his knowledge, and he escalated discussions with his pomposity and "sly" approach to insulting people. He felt that if he couched his vitriol in enough twists of language and doublespeak, most people would fail to comprehend the full extent of what he was saying. I have no such lack of comprehension, and I take offense when repeatedly personally insulted ad nauseum.

Not to put words in his mouth, but Trevor has no need for anyone's approval Jason.

Apparently many members here feel that it is ok to aggressively denigrate and slander people as long as it is said in a nice way... then the same people get up in arms when someone else makes a direct statement of the same severity and offensiveness. It's ridiculous.

Interesting that it was your post about a forum full of Trevor's that caused him to leave.

I tell you what... you folks take a vote, and if in your wisdom you want me to leave the site and not participate futher, I'll respect your wishes. I've been involved heavily in the Subaru online community since 1998, and I think my contributions to that community and the thousands of Subaru owners that I've known, assisted, and organized fun events for will speak for themselves.

Neither I nor any of the mods have asked you to leave. I'm glad that you've been involved with the Subaru community for years as many people here value your insight, but how and why is that relevant?

If given an opportunity, I will be glad to give a full account of the weekend and the events that occurred from my own perspective, and then people can feel free to comment on it in any way they see fit.
I'm at a loss as to what the Dragon weekend has to do with this thread. I did not comment on what happend that weekend, so why did you bring it up here?

Todd
Old 06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Porter

Todd, you seem to have missed the flow of events.

This thread was started as a result of the thread about the Dragon being closed. See the first post...
Old 06-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Red face Oooops.

Seems I got more caught up in the discussion than Pauls referenceto the Dragon thread.

Todd
Old 06-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Porter

I do the same thing.

This pesky intArw3b is getting complexicated! We need more thread hijacks to straighten it out.

So, anybody catch the Googlefight on Nasioc? We need an SVX version!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=291014
Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Oh, I get it, like this?
Attached Images
File Type: gif fight.gif (70.5 KB, 101 views)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 06-14-2004, 03:40 PM

Hehehe, that's prettyy cool Porter

Old 06-14-2004, 04:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:

I agree. He should stop posting complaints and looking for sympathy.

Believe me, its not just Rob. Alan is capable of starting crap anywhere with anyone.

As for your bad leaders comment. We are not leaders of this board, we are not role models, we are just volunteers. We expect people to know how to act like adults here and are left to pick up after them when they do not.

Doug
While I absolutely agree with Chris (that moderation of this site should remain private whenever possible) I'm going to stand with Doug on this one.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: