How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Talking So there was this RX-8...

(If you detest street racing read no further)

...weaving in and out of traffic on the highway up ahead of me. So I was like, why not , and let my lead foot do the rest to catch up with him. His car was brand spanking new and still had 30 day tags.

I ended up right behind him at a stop light and got a closer look at his ride - 18" rims, polished rotary emblem, spoiler and full MazdaSpeed body kit...

The light turns green and the guy just peels off, so I couldn't resist and just went after him in hot pursuit! We didn't break any speed limits but went from 0-55 pretty darn quickly, with my SVX hanging on his tail the entire way! When we got to another stop light (where the guy turned off at a country club) he was looking over my SVX in admiration. We made a brief nod at each other and parted ways...

Not bad for my afternoon ride home!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-13-2004, 11:37 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Way to go, just let my ticket be a reminder, never race or it will screw with you for a while.

Congrats on teaching the yuppie to never mess with the SVX.

Keith

P.S. We all know you weren't trying, right?

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 05-14-2004, 02:47 PM

Talking

I'll say this - I didn't spin a tire (but he did ) and my engine is in 'safe mode' due to my knock sensor being bad.

Technically we weren't racing - we just came off of the exit ramp and merged at the speed everyone else was moving, at a rate faster than most cars would be able to!

Those RX-8's look beautiful though - the body kit is blah, but the overall proportions are very appealing. I wouldn't own one, b/c for the money, I'd rather have an STI or EVO.

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
We all know you weren't trying, right?

Last edited by Chiketkd; 05-14-2004 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:12 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Those RX-8's look beautiful though - the body kit is blah, but the overall proportions are very appealing. I wouldn't own one, b/c for the money, I'd rather have an STI or EVO.

-Chike
I'll agree with the RX-8's being a head turner... But instead of a STi or an EVO for that amount of money... I would rather buy a good worn out SVX, then transplany a fully built Cobb Tuning 2.5 motor into it. Some form of the 6 speed STi tranny... Then lighten it as light as I could get it and take it club racing ... I'd need sponsors though to pay for some of the stuff... Especially after the $30,000 it would cost to custom build the motor from Cobb and get everything tuned just right for racing...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-15-2004, 09:36 PM

Cobb Tunning makes some great tuner WRX's but they're so pricey! During Car & Drivers 4 cylinder Super Flea challenge last year, they came with a modified WRX that stickered over 80K.

I'm sure a built 2.5L would be sweet, but I just love the sound of our flat 6's! I think Porter was mentioning that some company in Australia was developing a built EG33 engine - that's what I'd like to drop in my SVX racer!

...and this will probably be my last post ever about street racing. I plan on joining the SCCA next year and competing in AutoX events with SVXRide and Newsvx. I'll take out RX-8's, SRT-4's and 350Z's there!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I'll agree with the RX-8's being a head turner... But instead of a STi or an EVO for that amount of money... I would rather buy a good worn out SVX, then transplany a fully built Cobb Tuning 2.5 motor into it. Some form of the 6 speed STi tranny... Then lighten it as light as I could get it and take it club racing ... I'd need sponsors though to pay for some of the stuff... Especially after the $30,000 it would cost to custom build the motor from Cobb and get everything tuned just right for racing...

Old 05-15-2004, 09:43 PM
tancred

I didnt know SCCA had a land barge class?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: