Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Competition Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I kill more trannies then god

rally cross any one?

it's like autocross on dirt, i plan to run the svx for the whole season. i felt like bragging a little, so i'll let you know how she does after the 21st when the first race is.
also, i have a 5 speed swap, but plan to compete in the stock class, it doesn't sound like it will be a problem.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
i have a 5 speed swap, but plan to compete in the stock class, it doesn't sound like it will be a problem.
They'll let you do that???

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
it's like autocross on dirt, i plan to run the svx for the whole season. i felt like bragging a little, so i'll let you know how she does after the 21st when the first race is.
also, i have a 5 speed swap, but plan to compete in the stock class, it doesn't sound like it will be a problem.
Good luck with that... Personally I'd NEVER Rallycross my SVX... Mainly because it is really rough on the cars... Mine is also too low and ment for Autocrossing

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Good luck with that... Personally I'd NEVER Rallycross my SVX... Mainly because it is really rough on the cars... Mine is also too low and ment for Autocrossing

~ Chris

Sounds like a job for an old Legacy!! Keep the SVX for the 'after race' dinner and Ice cream!! I want to try the 2nd annual Hillclimb!! I will do it in something LIKE an SVX, but not an SVX!! There were too many cars torn up last year!!

I might 'rallycross' the ol' rusty XT turbo. It could use a few skid plates to keep it from falling apart anyway.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-09-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
No doubt Jeff, run your Turbo Legacy Wagon.....it'll be a better Auto-Xer, and easier(and cheaper) to find parts for when things break
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
But Jeff LIKES beating the crap outta his SVX!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
But Jeff LIKES beating the crap outta his SVX!

But I want him to have a RUNNING Alcyone for the Dragon Meet.....
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
As it sits, it will go DOWN The Dragon. Getting back up might be tiresome though.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Looks and smells great.

Rally that SVX, man! To hell with conformity!

I live in Colorado Springs and have secret ambitions to race my SVX up the Pike's Peak Hill Climb; good thing for my car and my wife that my pocketbook won't support such an endeavour (as both the car and the wife would be pissed if I did it).
1992 LSL Pearlie: 108k, 15min/$15 mod, Alternator wiring "upgrade," Power Mode switch, K&N drop-in, 4500k 35w low-beam HIDs, 3000k 35w fog HIDs, lots more planned (pending funds, of course)- 4.44 5spd being at the top of the list.
"We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
-C.S. Lewis
Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Mainly because it is really rough on the cars... ~ Chris
I'll second that! Jeff be prepared to replace all your suspension mounts upon completion of your first event. We broke our two rear mounts when we took the racer into the dirt (with a nice soft stock spring set up too and 800lbs less weight). Car was fun as could be in the dirt but rallyx is not just autox in the dirt, it is a whole new ballgame in terms of cost from abuse. I'm still finding areas where dirt got into from 2 years ago!
It isn't so bad your first run but by your forth the courses are quite rutted out. Even with our added ground clearance or about 2-3 inches over stock we were scraping the center on dirt.
I say buy yourself a deticated car you can set up right from the get go. Its a blast you'll love it but I'd say all said and done I could run a hillclimb with a $200 entry fee for the weekend for the same cost as rallyxing for a day.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I'll second that! Jeff be prepared to replace all your suspension mounts upon completion of your first event. We broke our two rear mounts when we took the racer into the dirt (with a nice soft stock spring set up too and 800lbs less weight). Car was fun as could be in the dirt but rallyx is not just autox in the dirt, it is a whole new ballgame in terms of cost from abuse. I'm still finding areas where dirt got into from 2 years ago!
It isn't so bad your first run but by your forth the courses are quite rutted out. Even with our added ground clearance or about 2-3 inches over stock we were scraping the center on dirt.
I say buy yourself a deticated car you can set up right from the get go. Its a blast you'll love it but I'd say all said and done I could run a hillclimb with a $200 entry fee for the weekend for the same cost as rallyxing for a day.
thats kinda why i'm taking the svx, the legacy drives nicer and is in better shape , plus i want to be competitave, and i think the svx stands a real chance due to being more powerful then a impreza.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
thats kinda why i'm taking the svx, the legacy drives nicer and is in better shape , plus i want to be competitave, and i think the svx stands a real chance due to being more powerful then a impreza.
Sorry but you won't be competitive beyond some local competition in an SVX esp one that is no longer classified as stock (i.e. tranny change to something that wasn't factory available). I think from when I classed us you'd be running against any modified car (i.e. 500whp specials). That said you can have a blast. Just be ready to get towed home from events on a fair amount and start looking for heavy duty stuff to adapt to her. It'll be a lot of trial and error but that's part of the fun imo. If it wasn't we'd all be driving Zoom Zoom Fords or BMcrappy Minis.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Sorry but you won't be competitive beyond some local competition in an SVX esp one that is no longer classified as stock (i.e. tranny change to something that wasn't factory available). I think from when I classed us you'd be running against any modified car (i.e. 500whp specials). That said you can have a blast. Just be ready to get towed home from events on a fair amount and start looking for heavy duty stuff to adapt to her. It'll be a lot of trial and error but that's part of the fun imo. If it wasn't we'd all be driving Zoom Zoom Fords or BMcrappy Minis.
enjoy your oppinion, i enter a stock 1980 1600 gl dual range in the last one and beat two impreza's competition isn't to stiff here, as far as drivers go
Old 04-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
pfft... f*** it man! if you wanna do it, do it. Just take lots of pictures
Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
enjoy your oppinion, i enter a stock 1980 1600 gl dual range in the last one and beat two impreza's competition isn't to stiff here, as far as drivers go
You've just stated exactly what I'm saying Jeff, at a national level you won't be competative, locally sure in some areas but it really isn't a platform suited towards it, just as it isn't a platform suited well to autox either. Can be fun but don't get any illusions. There's a reason why the "best drivers" in areas of racing become known as car *****s. I wanna see a 5 inch lift on it personally!