Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-26-2005, 11:30 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
When I put my car up on the lift I can watch the wheels slowly settle down, it's pretty cool.
I do love watching my car do the same thing

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
!. Odepaj
2. Jnthn_Sctt
3. KCROGUEDOG

anyone else? what would 10% off be? would i get more of a discount if i bought your sway bars at the same time?

dustin
Swaybars?!?!?! Who has them??!?!?!

I WANT!!!! I NEED!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-27-2005, 12:07 AM

I Could Be A Player...

depending upon the time frame and available spring rate. I'm fairly sure I only want to lower the front no more than an inch and the back a half inch.
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 06-27-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
depending upon the time frame and available spring rate. I'm fairly sure I only want to lower the front no more than an inch and the back a half inch.
WGJ
I would like to do the group order in a month or two (end of july, begining of august at the latest).
The spring rate of Mychailo's springs normally are 185lbs in front and 150lbs in the rear. He can also have custom springs made to your liking. Theres more info on his webpage.
Hopfully you'll be #4, so all we need is one more person.

GreenMarine, Mychailo has swaybars (both front and rear) he has more info about them on his webpage.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
GreenMarine, Mychailo has swaybars (both front and rear) he has more info about them on his webpage.

dustin
Rear bar is still not in production form. I've been slammed with work and yard projects.

The group buy price on the springs would be $350 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Okay so last night we finally compared a SVX rear strut to an Impreza rear strut. The differences are the Impreza rear is about 2.5 inches shorter which is about where we'd need it after dieting, the mount for the brake line is different and the hub attachement is a little narrower and the top mount is different. In other words it is totally do able provided we can find the right set up now since there are 1000s of stuff out there. I'm even thinking that a insert like the Koni for the WRX rear would go into the stock SVX housing. I think we just found our cheap (at least for the rear) suspension source to make the SVX racer handle amazingly. I don't think it'll help many on the street as a 2.5 inch drop then the standard drop with aftermarket coil springs would put most of ya under the pothole.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:54 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
!. Odepaj
2. Jnthn_Sctt
3. KCROGUEDOG
4. Te1221

I'd also be interested in the rear sway bar
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 06-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Guys send me all of your 4 struts over here, i will modify them for you and send them back. It is the best Mod i have done on my SVX !!! even better than the bodykit...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
ilsegretosvx

would a Legacy strut be better because its a little longer? Maybe getting a real set of coilovers and using a WRX hub.....Benebob Im looking at the same things
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
would a Legacy strut be better because its a little longer? Maybe getting a real set of coilovers and using a WRX hub.....Benebob Im looking at the same things
For us definately not as we don't have a whole lot of working room since we're missing 900 lbs and she has the ground clearance of an outback with stock SVX struts currently. As for the hub, I really don't see it being an issue. The SVX one is a tad larger but any machine shop should be able to grind that down if needed. My lazy thought is simply to put WRX koni's in the SVX struts. Should fit fine and with a shorter spring will function just fine.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:05 PM
ilsegretosvx

are the WRX Konis cheaper? Im thinking that either the Tein coilvers or even the JIC FLTs. Do you know the top bolt pattern on the SVX strut top to a WRX?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
are the WRX Konis cheaper? Im thinking that either the Tein coilvers or even the JIC FLTs. Do you know the top bolt pattern on the SVX strut top to a WRX?

Cheaper and AVAILABLE besides, if we went to it we just would need the rears as we already have koni's up front.

Assuming you mean the mount bolt pattern. Its totally different.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:13 PM
ilsegretosvx

yep bolt mount pattern. How different. Can the top hats be changed to acomodate a WRX coilover?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
yep bolt mount pattern. How different. Can the top hats be changed to acomodate a WRX coilover?

Anything can be changed but by going to that expense you'd probably have been better off going with G.C. coilovers.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
The SVX has a different top-hat pattern than other Subarus. But, I suppose its no big deal. Just drill holes in the strut tower where needed.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.