Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-15-2004, 03:54 PM
red95svx

Wow. I went through something very similar a few years back. We dated for just under a year and one day without notice, she ended it. She wanted to spend some time by herself to find her place in life. I was crushed. She lived an hour away but we still managed to spend all our free time together: hiking, movies, parties, dancing, eating out, flying, trips to ME, NH, VT...we did EVERYTHING together, and we never got tired of being around each other. We grew SO close in such a short amount of time that it felt like I had known her for years. She too had diabetes, and I used to test her blood and give her shots. I was there for her when she had seizures in the middle of the night from being too "low". I used to show up at her work with flowers, or some other small gift just to remind her how crazy I was about her.

And then it ended. I never saw it coming. I thought I was going to die from the emptiness I felt.

It did get better after a while, but it wasn't easy. I still think about her everyday. It was one of my shortest relationships but it had the most dramatic impact on my life. For that, I am thankful. And if I had known in the beginning how it was going to end.....I still would have done it. The memories I have of us are priceless. She was such a special person...so unique.....and I am so happy that she shared her life with me. Even if it was only for a year.

Keep your chin up Kelli, the pain will pass and you will love again!!

Dave
Old 06-15-2004, 04:24 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

I know how you feel and wish that things like this could be fixed throught what we say, but as everyone else will attest, time heals all wounds. Keep your chin up. Even though life has its pitfalls, the promise of tomorrow's challenges will keep you happy. My advice is to keep searching for your one and only. Many people have given up on love after something as sour as this, but the day Mr. Right walks through the door, you'll know it.

Best of wishes and good luck finding Mr. Right.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 06-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Unhappy Re: need a pick me up

he told me that i know what i want in life, and he doesn't and that is a problem. i and couldn't help but to agree.

Kelli [/B][/QUOTE]

Kelli, I'm very sorry. You've just been blind-sided & you're still in shock. You WILL get through this. I did so twice before a 30 year marriage allowed the memories of the past to fade into..well, just memories. I don't mean to play analyst with you, but think about why you wrote the quoted sentence. Something was brewing below the surface for quite a while. Perhaps the both of you just need time to re-align your thoughts & access your ambitions. When you're young, love can obliterate reality. Finding the balance is a lifetime challenge. Go for it, young lady.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 06-15-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Talking How's this???

goofy but Doug has a way of making the ladies laugh......at him

Hang in there Kell. You'll make it through this.

Todd
Old 06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
One teal and One yellow

sorry to hear about this, kelli. be strong you will go through that.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-15-2004, 09:35 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Sorry to hear Kelli I'm right around the corner if you need someone to talk to.

My girlfriend and I broke up after a year and a half relationship about 2 years ago for a reason similar to his reason. Three months later we were back together, and have been ever since. Give things time, everything works out in the end.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-16-2004, 12:35 PM

yesterday i had a completely miserable day. i couldn't help myself from walking around the house trying not to cry. didn't work though. i checked my e-mail and he had written me, he said the same thing pretty much of what he had said the night earlier. we wrote back and forth a few times during the day.

i called my best friend, and of course, being the big strong girl, i cried my eyes out to her, she began to cry with me at work. i felt bad she sent me a basket full of fruit delivered to my door by an old man (i answered the door in ONLY a bathrobe!)

i called my mom, she was really upset for me, she was wimpering on the phone with me, and my mother NEVER cries. she had told me that he called the night before to check on me.

there was a car accident, a roll over 3 mailboxes down from my house, my mom was on her way to work, so i went storming down there, in my pj's.lol....i took care of the minor injuries my patient had, when the ambulance arrived. the first one out of the ambulance was his mother, and my crew chief. i could feel the tears start to weld up, but i couldn't let that get to me in front of the patient. so i focused on her. i was helping her set up the bed and i started tearing up, over and over again, "call him, you hear me" her nickname is the warden, so just imagine the voice that went along with it. she told me that he was in bad shape too and that i BETTER call him.

i came back home, wrote a quick e-mail before the shower to let him know that it wasn't any of my family in the accident. and i told him what his mother said, and that i was not going to call him even though i wanted to, just so that he could have the space he asked for.

after the shower i checked my cell phone. i missed 6 damn calls! lol, only one message, and it was from him. he asked me to call him back, so i did.

the phone rang a few times and he picked up, i said hello back, and he was silent for a moment, then he just bursted into tears, "i miss you so damn much already, we need to get together and talk, if you still want to talk to me" i freaked out, we had our talk and things are going to be a little different, but not much.

we are back together and i think we understand eachother way more then before!

on the way home from our talk, my phone rang, it was my mother, she asked if i was still with him, and i said yes. i handed him the phone and the look on his face was one i will never forget, they talked for a minute, and lost signal. a minute later, she called back and said, now i am going to tell you, your grandfather had a major stroke and died so one horrific thing ends, and another begins. this was my fathers father. anyone who knows anything about my absolute loathing for my father knows this isn't going to be easy on me either.

thanks guys for the words of wisdom and the sharing of stories...todd, i don't know about that over night stuff LMAO, great pic! steve, i think i saw you today driving past mcdonalds in clinton

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:48 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Kelli,
Like I told you this morning, things will get better. You're just having a bit of a bad patch. These things are simply a fact of life.

BTW, you definitely did sound better today than the other night. You're strong and have lots going for you. Call me whenever! I'll call you from Reno when we get there.

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 06-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
That is a lot to happen in one day. I'm happy that you are back together and getting stronger in your relationship, but I'm sorry for your grandfather.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

GROUP

YES! once again the svx folk bring one of their own through a tuff time. When the lady hit me in my Loyale I should have insisted on waiting for Kelli to show up before I refused any help. Take care and remember crying cleans out the sinuses. BOBB
Old 06-16-2004, 06:36 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
yesterday i had a completely miserable day. i couldn't help myself from walking around the house trying not to cry. didn't work though. i checked my e-mail and he had written me, he said the same thing pretty much of what he had said the night earlier. we wrote back and forth a few times during the day.

i called my best friend, and of course, being the big strong girl, i cried my eyes out to her, she began to cry with me at work. i felt bad she sent me a basket full of fruit delivered to my door by an old man (i answered the door in ONLY a bathrobe!)

i called my mom, she was really upset for me, she was wimpering on the phone with me, and my mother NEVER cries. she had told me that he called the night before to check on me.

there was a car accident, a roll over 3 mailboxes down from my house, my mom was on her way to work, so i went storming down there, in my pj's.lol....i took care of the minor injuries my patient had, when the ambulance arrived. the first one out of the ambulance was his mother, and my crew chief. i could feel the tears start to weld up, but i couldn't let that get to me in front of the patient. so i focused on her. i was helping her set up the bed and i started tearing up, over and over again, "call him, you hear me" her nickname is the warden, so just imagine the voice that went along with it. she told me that he was in bad shape too and that i BETTER call him.

i came back home, wrote a quick e-mail before the shower to let him know that it wasn't any of my family in the accident. and i told him what his mother said, and that i was not going to call him even though i wanted to, just so that he could have the space he asked for.

after the shower i checked my cell phone. i missed 6 damn calls! lol, only one message, and it was from him. he asked me to call him back, so i did.

the phone rang a few times and he picked up, i said hello back, and he was silent for a moment, then he just bursted into tears, "i miss you so damn much already, we need to get together and talk, if you still want to talk to me" i freaked out, we had our talk and things are going to be a little different, but not much.

we are back together and i think we understand eachother way more then before!

on the way home from our talk, my phone rang, it was my mother, she asked if i was still with him, and i said yes. i handed him the phone and the look on his face was one i will never forget, they talked for a minute, and lost signal. a minute later, she called back and said, now i am going to tell you, your grandfather had a major stroke and died so one horrific thing ends, and another begins. this was my fathers father. anyone who knows anything about my absolute loathing for my father knows this isn't going to be easy on me either.

thanks guys for the words of wisdom and the sharing of stories...todd, i don't know about that over night stuff LMAO, great pic! steve, i think i saw you today driving past mcdonalds in clinton

Kelli
Sorry to hear about your grandpa But I told you things with your bf would work out in the end If it was around 5:30-6, then it was me you saw. Unfortunately I was on the way to the wake for my friend Stephanie There happened to be a pearly there for the wake. Didn't find out how they knew her, I spent most of the time outside with my friend Pat (her boyfriend) trying to make him feel better.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 06-16-2004, 06:54 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Yeah just go out and spend time with your family and friends and the people who can make you laugh. I just got out of a very serious relationship latley and it killed me that it was over. I didnt know how to deal with it or what to do. I just took it one day at a time. It hurt alot but as the days went on i hung out with friends and family and i felt alot better just knowing that i have alot of people there for me. Getting out of a relationship can be a very lonley feeling but thats why you should go spend time with the people ya care about. You will feel alot better just knowing that their there for you when ya need them
Old 06-20-2004, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
we are back together and i think we understand eachother way more then before! Kelli
kelli, mrs seasvx & i have been learning how to do our relationship for nearly 24 yrs and we have worked hard at it. life brings so much.

one thing we figured out is that there are three things key to any relationship but of utmost importance with ones life partner:

Common Goals
Commitment
Communication

we went through a hard time seven years ago when all we had was a slender thread of commitment. we managed to hold onto that thread and go inside ourselves until we could start building first ourselves as individuals and then slowly build our relationship again from a new beginning. we realized that we had our own work to do on ourselves. we had to get honest with ourselves before we could be ready to participate in life with each other but we stayed together through it all. we have worked hard on it for six years now and in 2000 we had our second wedding, not a renewal of vows but the white dress, the church, the pastor, the choir and the cold salmon buffet. there are still days when we have a new moment of clarity and i come to know my wife seemingly for the first time, all over again.

in our experience, we have found that communication is the key to everything else. we each have our individual work to do but if we don't learn more about who we are and then let each other know who we are at our most authentic level, we can't do any of the rest very well.

so now that you have made another start, keep the communication flowing. and from experience as a guy-type person, help him to get comfortable communicating. i suspect you don't know yet what was at the bottom of his untimely break-up statement and also suspect he may not fully understand what was going on with him either, yet. but together you can both go places that you have not yet dreamed of.

stay in your center. replace your fear with faith. speak your truths. go in peace.

Last edited by seasvx; 06-20-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
one thing we figured out is that there are three things key to any relationship but of utmost importance with ones life partner:

Common Goals
Commitment
Communication
I would also like to add honesty and trust to this list.

This is my first post in this thread so I will catch up:

1. Sorry to hear of your loss
2. Glad you're back together
3. (same as #1)

Have you determined what your bf is exactly looking for since he initially said you weren't it? I believe if this is not established your relationship may again fail. You will need to see what needs to change on both parts to prevent this from happening in the future.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:36 PM
THE MEMBER

Send a message via AIM to marlettpat Send a message via Yahoo to marlettpat
well hey, i just wish my girl would do the same thing your guy did. i know exactly how you felt. i have been nothing but screwed with in the head for the last 2 months or more. Ya just like someone so much...sorry, i dont need to vent here. just wanted to say i know how ya feel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: