Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 AM

Engine skipping

Hi experts,

I love my SVX but it's becoming a pain. Anyways, the engine is skipping/stutters when car is on park. When I accelerate everything seems okay until I hit 45-50 mph especially when I keep it at that speed. The car was in the shop for 3 months when I picked it up , it had 1/4 of gas left in the tank. Figured it could be moisture from sitting for so long. Ran the car til gas was on empty filled it up and let it run til empty again. this time I only filled it up w/ 1/4 tank full.

Here's what was done w/ the car, replaced engine w/ another one w/ 30,000 miles. A month after it was replaced, the pulley broke along w/ the timing cover. It's been replaced since.

After $3,000 later the car is still crappy. I know the problem could be my mechanic but right now he'll have to do since he was a top subaru mechanic and has his own shop. My other option is a dealer who I am looking to take the car to when it finally runs decently.

I am also looking to get an extended warranty. Based on my situation, will I have a hard time finding one? Does anyone know where to get a good ext. warranty?

I don't want to get rid of the car but it's just causing me too much headaches. If this continues I will have to look for a 300zx. I don't want another SVX to be burried into extinction.

Thanks in advance. Help needed.

Last edited by lurker; 07-21-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 AM

OH and yeah, does anyone know any mechanic close to Rochester ,NY? I'd gladly drive the car to one who knows the ins and outs of the svx and just have him do what needs to be done and take a plane back.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
VanBortel subaru on Rt 96 in Victor has done a great job on all of our subarus and they are fairly cheap for a dealer.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
VanBortel subaru on Rt 96 in Victor has done a great job on all of our subarus and they are fairly cheap for a dealer.
thanks. I will look into that.