Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

i read the book on this front to back...i still don't know why by telescoping steering wheel control doesn't work. i tried tugging at it from all positions, and i don't want to break it. i don't have to worry about my knees getting hit, cuz i'm tiny. and no, i am not a dwarf just a little vertically challenged! i will know by the end of this weekend about your part. between his work and mine and my school, we have a hard time meeting up. about taking it off if it is good, are there any problems i will encounter?

Kelli
No problems. Just open the roof about half way. It just snaps on. Pull on the front corners to release the fasteners, then tug 'til the rest come loose. Then slide it forward (there's a clip that it slides into, in the back). Shouldn't be difficult.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-28-2002, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

No problems. Just open the roof about half way. It just snaps on. Pull on the front corners to release the fasteners, then tug 'til the rest come loose. Then slide it forward (there's a clip that it slides into, in the back). Shouldn't be difficult.
shouldn't be difficult.. remember who you are talking to? i am able to be taught, but i don't want to screw something up for you. everything has to be difficult with me speaking about moonroofs, how hard would it be to put glass up there instead of what is already there?

Kelli
Old 02-28-2002, 12:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

shouldn't be difficult.. remember who you are talking to? i am able to be taught, but i don't want to screw something up for you. everything has to be difficult with me speaking about moonroofs, how hard would it be to put glass up there instead of what is already there?

Kelli
That question has been asked often. Stevebsy had considered a glass, inset into a metal frame. I think most members were kind of lukewarm on that idea. Svxit, Yahoo Club co-founder and occassional visitor here, was going to look into an all glass panel, but don't think he got very far. If you have resources, you're welcome to continue the R&D on the project.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-28-2002, 06:23 PM
One teal and One yellow

Talking now i know what you love - - SVX - -

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHISVX
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

hey hey hey..what..what.......did you get me wrong or think--you're a stupid girl--to buy an SVX?? Not that what I meant. Could it be the problem I didn't read the threads enough miss something or this is not my native language? I was just interested to know why a girl would pick and buy an SVX? -- Never read the explanations before and like to know!! In fact, you've a different taste. Good to know that you like the car.

i don't like the car...i am in love with that car. what is your native language anyways. the mechanic thinks that i am a stupid girl. he explained what the problem could be like i was still in 1st grade!!! why did a girl pick a svx you ask.. well let me see. i am not your typical girl. i actually find the car more interesting then the self-absorbed guy sitting behind it(you know the type.." i spend more money on my car then i do for my education") i like speed and individuality not to mention the overall style of this beauty. everytime i come on this site, i learn more and love it more. oh, and about that info about the tach, thanks that's good to know. i had an idea that that was about right, but i wasn't sure. anyways the last time a cop pulled me over we spent 20 mins talking about my car. he was surprised to find out that the credits for it belong to subaru.

Hey Aredubjay!! you were the one asking me about the sun roof cover right?? well if you were i talked to my friend and he said that he wouldn't mind giving it up(he understands the problems with finding parts) we just have to go out there and take a look in daylight to see if it is good shape

sorry so long!
Kelli
i don't love my car but i'm crazy about it. english is kind of hard for me. i'd the hard time to understand what does SVX mean? my native language is chinese, second native is probably teochew. you couldn't blame that common mechanic because he hasn't known that you're a "special" girl. so now i know your answer - - why pick an SVX. i like speed too but i don't like ticket. one of the very reasons i picked my 92 out of a cheaper 94 is because the about extra 20mph max. speed - - that's very important -- and of course its super low miles.
a lot of pple also got surprises from me that subaru actually created such an impressive machine. while you're driving next time, hope you won't get dissappointments that pple actually pay more attentions to your car than you or not you.

Aredubjay loves his girlfriend too much... more than I do.....he wants his 10yrs SVX back so much more than his brand-new smooth-ride stratus... ...most of us love our cars very much and this wonderful site is formed by lovers. we're full of love and that's immeasureable.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-28-2002, 06:30 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
... I'll also be doing my usual Novus demo -- I just got a new supply, all 8oz bottles of #'s 1, 2 & 3.....
these are the things for the headlights? when's your demo time? fri, sat or sun?? i'd love to see how clean your headlights are.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-28-2002, 09:38 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

these are the things for the headlights? when's your demo time? fri, sat or sun?? i'd love to see how clean your headlights are.
The main meet is Saturday. I'll do it then. Sometime between 10 and noon during Schmooz time.
Subaru Ambassador