Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-01-2004, 02:10 AM

DC Ticket

Last night I got a ticket in DC for running a red light, Yeah I know not verey smart I wan't paying attention. Saw the wrong light in a different intersection. I was wondering if anyone knew if points car=ry over from another state or what ever and how many there are in DC for running a light. I want to know so I can decide if I should just pay the ticket or go to court.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2004, 12:13 PM

from what i know about people getting into trouble in PA...my knowledge...

a friend of mine, not even two weeks from her 21rst b-day was walking home from a frat party. she was with 3 people who were also drinking. a cop stopped them and she got into trouble for underaged drinking. she was then unable to drive in PA for six months....but nothing happened to her in NJ. i don't think that it will pass over, but if you have questions about it, you can talk to a lawyer or ask your insurance company

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: DC Ticket

The points carry over. I used to live in Northern VA, and I had a friend who got tickets in MD, DC and VA and was getting close to having his VA license suspended...

Good luck if you go to court.

-Chike

Quote:
Originally posted by zarmien
Last night I got a ticket in DC for running a red light, Yeah I know not verey smart I wan't paying attention. Saw the wrong light in a different intersection. I was wondering if anyone knew if points car=ry over from another state or what ever and how many there are in DC for running a light. I want to know so I can decide if I should just pay the ticket or go to court.
Thanks

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: DC Ticket

Quote:
Originally posted by zarmien
Thanks
If you got the ticket at night, **definitely** go to court. In DC, your court date will come up in about six months. Generally, officers there who work then ight shift don't show up for court in the middle of the day. Let's just say that every ticket I've gotten in DC at night (or any ticket friends or family has gotten), the officer never materialized in court. The same happened in MD when I got a ticket at 3:00 am once.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele
Old 05-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: Re: DC Ticket

Really good point. Most night cops NEVER show up for court during the day... My room mate in college who was one point away from getting his license revoked got two tickets in VA at night, and both times the cop didn't show up in court.

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by SvXit
If you got the ticket at night, **definitely** go to court. In DC, your court date will come up in about six months. Generally, officers there who work then ight shift don't show up for court in the middle of the day. Let's just say that every ticket I've gotten in DC at night (or any ticket friends or family has gotten), the officer never materialized in court. The same happened in MD when I got a ticket at 3:00 am once.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: