Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM

92 SVX LSLi AWD coming up for sale in PA

Well...I am offering one of my cars, a nice Subaru SVX LSi up for sale.
210,000 miles...AWD Teal Green, with Grey Leather Interior. Fully loaded. Bone Stock.

I'm located in north eastern Pennsylvania, and WILL deliver to radius of 200 miles - you cover gas costs and small amount for my time. This SVX has run fantastic since the day I got it, nearly three years ago. 210,000 miles and no issues. Almost all of this has been highway miles back and forth from PA to FL. Previous owner did just about the same trip (Rochester, NY to FL and back). Car runs great. No problems at all. Would take this coast to coast without any worries.

The Good - Mechanically, in fantastic shape. Everything is functioning perfectly, short of the Air Bag (driver side), which was disconnected at the engine bay wiring harness by previous owner. I have NOT tried to fix this, as, I'm not a big fan of air bags to begin with. No rust anywhere on underbody. Transmission is perfect; shifts tight all gears. Engine just had complete going over by machine shop, and new spark plugs and coil packs replaced, and you get five working spare coil packs extra. Very minor oil leaks from back of engine, but, does not burn any oil at all between changes. Oil changed religously every 3000 miles with Castrol 5W-30 GTX High mileage, or 10W-30 during heavy summer driving. Also, every oil change got a quart of Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer. Runs excellent. Blows ICE cold from AC. Stock Stereo system. New Bosch Ion wipers. New front half of exhaust (pre-CAT). CAT back is great shape. Interior excellent - no rips or tears, and only slight wear on drivers seat. All electronic acc. functioning. Tires about 75% tread left. Brakes, nearly new. New battery.

The Bad - BB-sized ding in windsheild - although, passed a full PA Inspection, so can't be anything bad. Body work, not necessary, but should be done. Minor rust through paint and bubbling around rim of fenders in a few spots, and along the bolt-through holes where the door lower side molding connects (right along the top of the lower door molding points on each side). Ding/dent in right rear quarter. Slight exhaust "buzz" but it is probably from loosening after new exhaust sections were installed. Fog lights work, but, not through stock harness/switch. Something messed up somewhere in harness - easy fix. Power antennae not installed. Have unit, but no extending mast.

I will gladly send pictures to whoever is interested. You can come see the car, anytime. Letting it go at first DECENT/GOOD offer...make me an offer I can't refuse, and it's yours! First person to tempt me, and it's gone. If nothing comes through the forum, I'll eBay it off within the next few weeks with bodywork and paint job done, for higher/realistic price. I will be moving within the next eight weeks - must go.

Frank Germano
Blakely, PA
frank@germano.com
Contact me through email, and I will reply as soon as possible.

86 Subaru Turbo-XT EAT AWD (Burgundy) - bone stock, and "mint" condition. 74,000 original miles.

94 Ford Taurus SHO ATX (Dark Green) - mods: Borla SS Exhaust, MSD Ignition, Carbon fiber Hood, Hella HID conversion headlight system.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 PM

Additional info on SVX

Forgot to mention...all fluids just changed two weeks ago - transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, front and rear differential fluid, oil change, and anti-freeze flushed and re-filled, and AC flushed and recharged. She's ready for a new home, and will easily drive across country without a wimper...

Frank
frank@germano.com

86 Subaru Turbo-XT EAT AWD (Burgundy) - bone stock, and "mint" condition. 74,000 original miles.

94 Ford Taurus SHO ATX (Dark Green) - mods: Borla SS Exhaust, MSD Ignition, Carbon fiber Hood, Hella HID conversion headlight system.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
bad move in my book. If you want to sell a car to a mechanically inclined person, never change the fluids before someone comes to see it. People do that to mask problems like burned ATF of coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. Not saying this is what you did but it isn't a selling point for someone like me

Tom
Old 09-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Tom, might be true with a car coming from a disreputable dealer, but not in my case. I'm an engineer, with my own company, and very well known...just thought I'd get everything possible covered for the "new" owner...no mechanical problems with this SVX at all. I'll stand behind that, too. Thanks for the post, though...next time I'll know.

Frank Germano
frank@germano.com
www.frank.germano.com

Old 10-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
Hmm.. I think I've seen you!

I may have seen this car.
Were you in Carbondale about 2 weeks ago? Parked at the Exxon?

I was in my Pearlie, I checked out the car, but there was no one around except the clerk! (It was'nt his)