Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 15th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
This post has been deleted for the moment. Gotta find my flak jacket and flame suit first.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 08-21-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
When do we get to see the choices?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Locker Link Solution

aye... the choices!
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I was going to start a poll, but decided to wait a bit. Check out my reply (#58) in this thread for the possibilities.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...887#post422887
/

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 08-21-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I am and always have been eager to assist with planning if the meet is in a central location, such as KC. Of course, I'm willing to help anyway I can anyway. I just think it needs to be more centralized than the 10th meet. The western folk should have to travel about as far as the eastern folk. I know the eastern guys think that they are the center of the universe " ".... hey! I know...I've been there!!!
but I'd like to not have to drive as far and I know the northwestern and southwestern guys would like a more centralized location.
I would be happy to call the Kansas Speedway about organizing a meet there if anyone's interested. And I think it needs to be in late May, early June.

I have motorcycle things to do in August!!!!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Locker Link Solution

The indy 500 is may 27th... BBQ thing in the parking lot with the SVXi all together and then watch the race? cruise to follow?

I like the sound of
Sept. 3 days.
Friday - meet, tour if possible/or cruise, dinner
Sat - rally to Subaru for tour/ or head to speedway, photoshoot at whichever location.
Sun - breakfast and whatever

Would anyone want to have an SVX shoot out?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Last edited by Speedklix; 08-21-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Tours of the Subaru plant can only be on weekdays, which is why the 10th meet lasted until Monday, as Monday is when we toured the plant.

Late May sounds pretty good to me, but I'm fairly flexible on the dates.

I’m not against Kansas City….but there is nothing Subaru related there, but that wouldn’t stop me from going.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 08-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Late May sounds pretty good to me
How might this impact dragon? Either would be great, not sure if I could do both soo close together though.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I'll be at the Dragon, no matter what.

But it's as much (or more) a XT meet...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Tours of the Subaru plant can only be on weekdays, which is why the 10th meet lasted until Monday, as Monday is when we toured the plant.

The tour at SIA is a 1-mile walk on an elevated catwalk. While traveling on the catwak we went down and up 90 steps as we maneuvered around equipment and structures in the plant. From the catwalk, we saw

PAINT
STAMPING
BODY ASSEMBLY
FINAL ASSEMBLY
TESTING

All Tours are conducted during day-shift production at 9 a.m. only Monday-Friday. Cameras are allowed in the lobby but must be turned over to the Receptionist prior to the start of the tour.

Information on scheduling tours or general questions should be directed to
michael.mattingly@subaru-sia.com

Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

And if a repeat tour of how Subarus are assembled isn't to your liking, you could always take the alternative tour of the plant where SIA is building Toyota Camrys. They should be in full production by Spring 2007.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n16116816

Last edited by svxcess; 11-26-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
John,

How do you like/dislike the TOYO Proxes 4 tires, now that you've been running them awhile? Compare them to the Yoko AVS dBs that you had on your '92.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
John,

How do you like/dislike the TOYO Proxes 4 tires, now that you've been running them awhile? Compare them to the Yoko AVS dBs that you had on your '92.
Larry,

There is no comparison. The Toyo Proxes win hands down over the Yokos.

I have had both the original AVS db and the AVSdb S2. Handling was fine and they were quiet in the beginning, but they became noisier during the second half of their life. Never had trouble in the snow. The rating was 320 A/A.

The Proxes4 exceeded in just doing everything better. Performance and handling on both dry and wet surfaces was superior. Even during very hard braking in heavy rain, they never slipped even a little. Snow traction was much better and tire mileage is better. even though their rating is 300 AA/A. They are as quiet as the day they were installed-- a lot quieter than the Yokos. I have almost 45,000 miles on them (and three winters) and will need replacing before winter, only because I want maximum tread depth. Still a fair amount of tread. The reason I am holding off is I am considering 17" or 18" wheels and this is the perfect time to do this. If I can't find what I want in the next month, I'll just keep my stock rims and put new Proxes on them.

I also put them on Pete's pearlie that he got from SvXit. They perform magnificently in conjunction with the Koni shocks. I wanted him to have a very safe, responsive and predictable tire for his early driving years.

What else can I say? Solid performance, good handling, reliable response in adverse conditions, quiet, and a great price, I had a full set of Proxes4 put on Pete's car 5 months ago. Tires, mounting, lifetime balance/rotation, road hazard package, tax etc. was $388.00 out the door. He sold them to me for $83.00 each. He also promised to honor that same price to me when I bought a new set.
'

Last edited by svxcess; 06-03-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I guess this will never be a poll

As for tire suggestions, put winter tires on the stock rims and get new summer only rims/tires in the spring.