Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Angry Idiot drivers

So I got backed into the other night.....

CN: At a friends house (at night), someone had to leave so I had my friend move my car out of the driveway. Idiot didn't stop when my friend yelled at her to stop because he had to turn to get out of the driveway. My friend moves my car under a street light so we can see the damages, tells the other driver to wait so he can go inside and tell me and have me look at the damage. Other drivers says "it's only scratches...." and drives away.

Nothing serious, cracked the passenger turn signal, head light, and the grill. She also bent the radiator support beam alittle (not pushed in, just twisted upwards slightly).

$2351.15 worth in damages.......

The adjuster I spoke with said there is a chance the car would be totalled....

That seemed idiotic to me

Since it's 100% her fault and I have text messages from her stating that she did hit my car and couldn't hear my friend because she had her music turned up (even filed a police report, cops filed it as hit-and-run).

Can they total my car?

I told her I got an estimate already, so she can either just pay that or she can go through her insurance. I've already told her that my insurance wont even be notified since its 100% her fault and 100% her problem to fix.

Dustin
Alittle p.o.'ed at the moment......

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 09-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I kill more trannies then god

Re: Idiot drivers

what ever you do don't get the car fixed till her insurance gets to look at it.
also that sucks, i hate stupid people.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
what ever you do don't get the car fixed till her insurance gets to look at it.
also that sucks, i hate stupid people.
I havent even pulled the grill back into place because the way I see it is its her problem to deal with.

This shouldn't cost me any time or money. It already has alittle because I cant go out of town to work next week (which is where I make my big $$$).

Dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I kill more trannies then god

also have any pics of the damage? and please keep us posted.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
I havent even pulled the grill back into place because the way I see it is its her problem to deal with.

This shouldn't cost me any time or money. It already has alittle because I cant go out of town to work next week (which is where I make my big $$$).

Dustin

If you get proof of that you could get her for loss of earnings. Specifically if her insurance takes their liesurely time about it...... and they likely will

To answer your original question, Yes, they CAN total it. Totaling is merely a way for the insurance adjuster to put a ceiling on the payout. If estimated damage is higher than book value, you get book value.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iizbeastie View Post
If you get proof of that you could get her for loss of earnings. Specifically if her insurance takes their liesurely time about it...... and they likely will

To answer your original question, Yes, they CAN total it. Totaling is merely a way for the insurance adjuster to put a ceiling on the payout. If estimated damage is higher than book value, you get book value.
50 Mph, 4" deep Pothole - Vs - SVX.......

Driver's side strut and mount is blown, {therefore, both sides must be replaced}.
Drivers side crossmember is "kicked back in the hole" {appears the bushing blew out}.
Pretty good strike on the undercarriage.
And a paint gouge on the quarter, forward of the left tire.
This concievably nominal or above damage translated to +$2800, and I just sent in the copy of the salvage title {restoration}. So, I bought the car back for $400 {salvage value}, and will get a check for +$2500.

Maybe I can get by with the Koni Job. At least the County is to blame.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

I highly reccomend you do talk to your insurance company. You never know what the other insurance company might do, and yours will fight with theirs, if they try to deem it partial fault. I've been hit quite a few times, occationally when I wasn't even in the car, and the other insurance companies say stuff like "oh, it's 50/50, you were parked wher eyou shouldn't have been" and stuff like that. You'd be amazed at the stuff they pull out of their asses. If they total it, you can just buy it back. Also, they may give you more money than the initial estimate, or try to give you less. Just be careful. Insurance companies know hte in's and out's of things, so I'd leave it up to them.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
One teal and One yellow

I feel you....

My car was hit last month when it was securely parked at the lot.

It is total loss. My damage is more than $4600+....

They could total your car. Good luck. Any pics?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Pursuing legal action.

I haven't hard back from the other party (idiot girl) in a week.

So i'm contacting my insurance, a lawyer, and pressing hit-and-run charges.

Gonna let her deal with the s***-end of the stick on her own.

Dustin

My Locker