Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Well I just pulled the trigger on the gun and am starting talks with Hydra on building a plug n play Nemesis 2.5 for the EG33 for my car. Not the cheapest route, but user friendly for me in the long run. I like to have options and I've always had nothing but great things to say about Hydra when using or dealing with their products on my customers cars(Suby's, and Evo's).

I'll still need to compile stock Eg33 fuel/timing/knock/MAF maps to get a baseline to start with anyway.

I'll let you know what becomes of this in any event
Old 12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
I'll still need to compile stock Eg33 fuel/timing/knock/MAF maps to get a baseline to start with anyway.
Fortunately, we can help you with that. Those maps are discussed in this thread and there is a spreadsheet with the raw data. In my current understanding, the timing map is a baseline and the map that I've labelled "knock correction" is the maximum advance allowed.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40868

If you want to extract the data yourself then you can download the USA, JDM and UK ECU EPROMS from my website. http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/roms
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Fortunately, we can help you with that. Those maps are discussed in this thread and there is a spreadsheet with the raw data. In my current understanding, the timing map is a baseline and the map that I've labelled "knock correction" is the maximum advance allowed.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40868

If you want to extract the data yourself then you can download the USA, JDM and UK ECU EPROMS from my website. http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/roms
See this is why I like you guys! Helping out a complete binary retard like myself

Ok so basically what you're saying is the ROM ID 722525 on your website for the 1992 USDM EG33 is the same information on my ECU here correct and that the Bin file is the coded map information I'm looking for. Right now you guys are currently trying to break down the bin file into specific maps, and decipher those maps for the much needed variables and plots for custom tuning correct?

Please correct anything or everything I just posted there I like learning this stuff, even if it takes me forever and a day to get it down.

-Adam
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
See this is why I like you guys! Helping out a complete binary retard like myself

Ok so basically what you're saying is the ROM ID 722525 on your website for the 1992 USDM EG33 is the same information on my ECU here correct and that the Bin file is the coded map information I'm looking for. Right now you guys are currently trying to break down the bin file into specific maps, and decipher those maps for the much needed variables and plots for custom tuning correct?

Please correct anything or everything I just posted there I like learning this stuff, even if it takes me forever and a day to get it down.

-Adam
Exactly right.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II