How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

STi brembo adaptors....

Does anyone here make them? If not is there enough demand here for them if I said I would?

One thing I forgot to mention was that I produce brake adapters and custom kits using Brembo Porsche monoblock calipers. I've been doing this for ages here and just forgot to mention that here when i signed up.

If there's enough interest, would you guys prefer an STi caliper bracket or something a bit more aggressive for say Porsche 6 piston monoblock calipers?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
You just said a whole bunch of magic words.

Tom (TomsSVX) has tried fitting STi Brembo's to the SVX. They will actually bolt up no problem, but the mounting point for the SVX is farther out, so we would need a custom rotor. And since the 4-pot Brembo caliper is sized for a smaller rotor, it wouldn't work too well. I think Tom's working on ideas of installing Willwood brakes.

With that issue, I'd say the Porsche 6-piston would be a better fit to the SVX. Anything we can do for the back?

If you did make an adapter kit, what sort of cost would we be looking at?

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Ah I see.

The Porsche Brembo calipers I like to work with are radial mount. I have a few choices from either the 996 Turbo four piston monoblocks, the 997 Turbo 6 piston monoblocks, and the 6 piston PCCB monoblocks which have ceramic pistons to reduce thermal transfer into the brake fluid(like Wilwood thermolock pistons). those calipers are also listed price wise, least to most expensive.

Although I don't like to use them much, I can work with the Cayenne 6 piston calipers but they're not radial mount which has it's mounting limitations on certain applications and I'm limited to a 330mm rotor. The PCCB calipers are suitable up to a 380mm rotor. 350-360 seems to fit the bill nicely for most though.

Rear application is always possibly and can make both.

Price....depends on the design really and material used. Solidworks(my cnc program) figures price based on design and work parameters and the material being used as that also depicts how it needs to be machined. Price is always substantially lower if I get a group of people at once vs ripping off a pair at a time for individual customers.

I ask this As I still have the four uprights/knuckles from that '92 SVX I parted and figured I'd add this car to my list

I'll work up a CAD or two for some options based of the P-car monoblocks and post some visuals here in the next couple weeks. Let you guys decide if it's worthwhile for you to venture down this path.

-Adam
Old 12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

BTW my PCCB kit is damn near exactly like this from Power Station, just uses carbon rotors and are way more expensive

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/porsche_brakes.asp
Old 12-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
If you get a kit made I would buy one.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
BTW my PCCB kit is damn near exactly like this from Power Station, just uses carbon rotors and are way more expensive

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/porsche_brakes.asp
Your kit is more expensive than 1700 british pounds???
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I am definitely interested though...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Your kit is more expensive than 1700 british pounds???

My PCCB(carbon/carbon) kit's are more expensive........they use carbon rotors at $~1800 each. The kit's I make with standard(AP or Wilwood) rotors are much cheaper and reasonable for 99% of the community. PCCB kits usually go on one off kit cars, track cars, and/or people with money to blow on having the lightest possible brake setup on their car. I was just saying my carbon/carbon kit looks very similar to that Power Station kit as those calipers pictures are the PCCB 6 piston units with the ceramic pistons
Old 12-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
i am also very interested....
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM

So what are we looking at for a cost for a more reasonable kit?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I kill more trannies then god

+1 on wanting a price
Old 12-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Well, give us specs, rotor dimensions... and a sexy price enough for most of us to buy

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Porsche Autofanatiker

I usually build kits to order and not for group buys so the pricing would be a little different than normal. I was planning on just making the brackets and letting you guys source the remaining parts at your leisure(via a list with part numbers) but I can put together kits if the majority of the public would like that.

I'll work up some pricing and CAD's over the next couple weeks.

Here's a couple pictures of the last kit i made.......Porsche monoblocks over Wilwood SRP rotors and GT hats for a '95-99 year model DSM(eclipse/talon). This kit actually ended up on a 98 dodge avenger(same suspension)

Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Any idea about pricing??

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Any idea about pricing??

Again prices vary according to what's in a kit and I cannot just simply quote a price based on speculation on my part. It could come way in over/under what I quote and either way that's bad on my part. Same goes for just the brackets as prices are based by design, which I haven't exactly worked up yet.

To give you a rough idea, that kit pictured above I listed for $1490 exactly as you see it. My four corner PCCB kit for the Audi RS4/RS6 runs near $12K, but it has $11K in rotors/calipers/pads alone.

Give me some time to work out the details on this and I'll get back to you all