SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Sold. :'-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
I think she's probably talking about the guy that lives in her garage
HA! Now the "office manager" title makes more sense, lol!
Raxles front axles
Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
It isn't slander when it's true.

I'm going to quit looking for solutions here. The admins won't let me post my very negative experiences with BudFreak in the "beware" thread (I asked and was never gotten back to),
Thanks to those who were helpful, but the admins here simply don't know how to clean house and let GOOD people help each other out and weed out the chaff. As long as Jason's nut swingers are allowed to remain and harass his victims, I won't be posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
I don't want to get in the middle of this, but you're the only one he's had problems with before. I think that's a noteworthy thing.

I'm not saying you're lying because for all I know, you could be 100% correct. However, you are the only person who has had trouble with Budfreak before.
Quote:
That's because they don't let anyone post bad experiences here for some reason. I got more than a few PMs stating people wondered how my swap would go, considering all the problems with his work. That's really what pisses me off more than anything...People knew he was a hack and let him post here trolling for victims anyway...

Michael, I can understand your frustration with the stalling/fuelling issue, but I can not let these sort of statements from you go unchallenged.

The admins and mods discussed your request to have Budfreak listed in the Beware thread. We decided not to make Jason listed simply because you are the only person that we know of to have had a problem with him. YOU may have got PMs from people, but we admins and mods got no such posts or PMs on "problems with his work".

If the person you made the request from did not get back to you and explain this decision, then I am sorry we did not make this clear.

We list problem people on the Beware thread when it is obvious that a number of members did not get satisfaction, or were scammed. In your case you opted not to go back to Budfreak and get redress for the problems you felt he left undone. I realise distance may have played a part in this decision, but we mods can't and will not arbitrate on a problem between two people outside the Network.

We also consider banning people permanently from the Network to be a very serious step. Jason was banned not because we believed he had done poor work for you. He was banned because he was a repeat offender, and because he absolutely lost the run of himself in his dialogue with you, even though he was advised to cool it. We did choose to leave the altercation thread in place rather than remove it, so that people could make their own mind up about Jason's business approach.

We have no wish to hurt Jason's business, he has done good work and helped a lot of people, even though your case as you see it appears to be unsatisfactory. I am advising you now to drop this line. This case has caused more than enough friction and problems, and should rightly have been sorted directly between you and Jason on a personal level.

Any help we can give you, we will do. Old Tom, Diana's live-in grease monkey, would sort this problem for you in his sleep. Please get it sorted and desist from the Budfreak angst. We have heard enough already.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 AM

Registered SVX
Smile hang in there

thank you admin(S) I can feel for the guy owning a car of this level requires ALOT of patience, love , time out , and unfortunatly a basic love of being a grease monkey.

Michal, i have had a total of 7 subarus in my life so far this vehicle has taxed even my long standing car knoweldge that i have learned from previous cars at one point i was even sent to the couch, by my wife of 19 years , for even suggesting to go fix ANOTHER subaru however she nows owns a 2006 baja ( and I have Installed ALL OF THE OPTIONS AVAILABLEon it since she bought it )
my point is hang in there, we ALL love our cars and want to see them run perfect and be the beauties they are. there are , that i am aware of , at least 3 mechanics that lurk here , well maybe not lurk they help when we want to list a problem step by step and follow directions to look at what they suggest to fix AND finally report back if it worked or not so as to look else where Again
the people that were here for the other DRAMA would like to not relive a previous issue.

I am here on this site every night ( is this a bad thing??!) and will help as i can and understand what is going on with the car.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
THANK YOU!

I've got a neighbor who's a decent mechanic, too, but is completely unversed in SVXs.
If he or she is a good mechanic, it doesn't matter how familiar they are with the SVX. The shop I use services very few Subarus, as there aren't many around here, and after nearly 4 years has yet to see an SVX other than mine. (I did see a Delorean on their lot once.)

Find a local mechanic who charges a fair price and stands behind his work, and stick with him.

dcb
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
THANK YOU!

Is this mechanic YOU?

Do you make house calls? LOL!
Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you. I just assume everyone on here knows I'm Tom's "better half". (Check my sig and user title.)

As for house calls, we have been known to fly to Florida to do weekend tranny swaps, and Tom has driven to places hours away from here by himself several times to help people who were stranded and completely baffled by their 'quirky" car. (Ask Sovi13t ).

And he's almost always available by phone if you want to have your mechanic call him.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Just going to clarify a bit...Then I'm done with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
...The admins and mods discussed your request to have Budfreak listed in the Beware thread. We decided not to make Jason listed simply because you are the only person that we know of to have had a problem with him. YOU may have got PMs from people, but we admins and mods got no such posts or PMs on "problems with his work".

If the person you made the request from did not get back to you and explain this decision, then I am sorry we did not make this clear.
Simply being advised of this would have been good. No one ever even answered me. You can see where from my point of view, it looked a LOT like blind support from the staff here for someone who admits to ripping me off.

Quote:
We list problem people on the Beware thread when it is obvious that a number of members did not get satisfaction, or were scammed. In your case you opted not to go back to Budfreak and get redress for the problems you felt he left undone....we mods can't and will not arbitrate on a problem between two people outside the Network.
I've seen MANY "1-time" problems posted in that thread, and you are mistaken that I chose not to have Jason clean up his mess. I went back to him repeatedly and he flat refused and became combative enough that you felt the need to ban him for his comments. My only other resource would be to sue him and given the relatively small financial amount in question (I paid less than $3K total, iirc) it just didn't seem like it would be worth it. Besides, even though he claims to be a "legitimate" business, all I have is PMs from this site, and nothing in the form of a contract or receipt from him for his work, even though I asked repeatedly for both; in advance. So you can see, the "blind eye" approach taken by the staff here regarding his blatant disregard for another member, let alone the law, is extremely disconcerting. I honestly feel that if you guys weren't so afraid someone like Jason would sue you - and would let people with bad experiences post about them - that people like me would be saved from investing money in scam artists like him.

Quote:
...Jason was banned not because we believed he had done poor work for you. He was banned because he was a repeat offender, and because he absolutely lost the run of himself in his dialogue with you, even though he was advised to cool it.
I'm quoting this to help ensure that people do understand why he was banned. It is not my intention to ever insinuate that he was banned for ripping me off - only for his actions here on the boards.

Quote:
We did choose to leave the altercation thread in place rather than remove it, so that people could make their own mind up about Jason's business approach.
And I thank you for that - his actions - especially admitting to stealing from me on the boards - speak for themselves. But honestly, censoring any other mention of the horrid way he conducts business is a complete disservice to the membership here. If any of the people who came to me after the fact had felt confident in coming forward before I shipped my car to Ohio, they'd have saved us all a lot of trouble.

Quote:
We have no wish to hurt Jason's business, he has done good work and helped a lot of people, even though your case as you see it appears to be unsatisfactory.
That may be - but is he even a legitimate business? Like I said I didn't even get a receipt? Does he even pay taxes? ...And how many people do you wish to have taken advantage of by him before you use the SVX boards as a warning to SVX owners that they could well be getting crap work - and not all that they paid for even - in hiring him? Do you even understand what all happened between he and I? He didn't do a significant amount of the work I paid him for (hundreds of dollars worth) and even refused to top the tank back off when he returned the car - even though it was full when he picked it up. No, instead you censor me from ever mentioning it. I feel like the General's Daughter - told to forget her rape ever happened "for the good of all involved". Lying by omission is still lying.

Quote:
I am advising you now to drop this line. This case has caused more than enough friction and problems, and should rightly have been sorted directly between you and Jason on a personal level.
...And there it is.
Well, I tried and it wasn't and I'm not going to sue him so all I have left is the occasional non-direct reference. If I can't even do that and have to monitor my every word so carefully to protect a known (and admitted) criminal what am I supposed to believe? What does that make this site?

Fine. I won't mention it again..."For the good of...???
Oh who the hell knows...Only for the good of Jason, as far as I can tell...
If you ever feel like trying to explain this line of thinking to me, I'm all ears.

--

Meanwhile, if anyone actually has any useful advice or wants to make some money actually fixing this thing for a change, let me know. I still love the car and would love to have it actually drivable - such a concept, I know.

Thanks.
Raxles front axles
Old 10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thank you Michael for clarifying your view.

I have already given you the Mods' view about listing Jason in the Beware thread; on balance as yours was the only case of dissatisfaction we were aware of versus many people having good experience and praising his work, we decided it would be unfair to list him.

That is still our view and that matter is closed.

We are not in any position to decide who may be a criminal here, or who may be running a legitimate business. Those are matters for the police and the IRS. If you believe what you are saying then take the matter to another tribunal.

You are not being censored. If you care to read the other responses I hope you will realise that the majority of people are fed up with this story. We don't want this issue dragging on forever and driving people from the forum.

Continuing to pursue an acrimonious issue like this has proven to be comes under the heading of "flaming" and is forbidden in the rules.

If the situation still rankles with you, then take the matter elsewhere for a resolution. We have applied all the sanctions we are going to apply in this case, and be advised the matter is closed.

You will get your SVX problems sorted very well by other members such as Tom in Wiley Ford. I hope you do and that you start to enjoy your SVX very soon.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 PM

Registered SVX
mechanics

micheal I would try to see if green eyed lady(s) "man that lives in her garage " would be willing to look/fix it there are reputable members of the board here that can and do travel to places to fix cars. I , if i had car issues , would contact one of the people mentioned earlier in this tread to see what/who/$$/when and go that route as they have helped quite a few members still on the forum . my opinion and i can understand your frustration I have been there not on this car but on an XT-6 and people who arent quite fair/right will get theirs sooner or later we live and learn by daily interaction and we all eventually end up in the same place it is how we are remembered by others is by how we are judged, but the judgement of others is not what we need to worry about. I know sounds kinda regligious but it was taught to me by my old boss now my best friend and i guess the saying " what goes around, comes around " sums it up nicely.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you Michael for clarifying your view....

You will get your SVX problems sorted very well by other members such as Tom in Wiley Ford. I hope you do and that you start to enjoy your SVX very soon.

Joe

We need a thumbs up emoticon.

Well, Tom...If you can hear me (I feel like I'm praying, lol!) I could sure use your help about now...

You see...I have this really cool car, except...Well, it's really cool looking and it would be really cool-er(?) if it was running, but see...Well, that's where I need your help. Help me, Tom-ey-wan, you're my only hope...Er, no...I mean, if you have the time, and if you think of it...The Angels could really use your help....Er, I mean...My SVX could really use some help...Tom? Can you hear me, Tom?

I dunno...Maybe I should just rebuild the engine, get that ECU Tune Stage III Supercharger and have a 5sp manual swap done...

Somebody help me.
Raxles front axles
Old 10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up We have one

You are already ahead of me Michael with my supercharge project. You have the 4.44 install.

I'm actually debating [with myself] whether to use the 4.11 or use the 4.44. Tom [both Toms] swear by the 4.44.

I used to have a Twin Turbo Legacy, it used the 4.11 and was plenty quick.

You see, for the NA car the choice is a no-brainer; the 4.44 will give you the most bang for your buck, it will put the most power on the road in a hurry.

When you boost the car you are in a slightly different situation; your low down power has increased enough to make the car quick off the line, even with the higher final drives. So the choice may be down to what is the most comfortable range choice for the mid range gear changes, highway overtaking say.

The 4.11 is probably the sensible choice. But a person who supercharges an already fast car when oil prices are going through the roof may not always make sensible choices.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM

I vote 4.11 (so of course you want the 4.44 )
Raxles front axles
Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You may be right.

It will probably be easier to get a 4.44, they are in lots of Foresters. It will be harder to find 4.11 bits I would say.

If I keep the power low, then the 4.44 will be the better option. If I go much over 300 hp, then maybe the 4.11 will avoid breaking traction, and allow a higher top speed [not that I'll get to use it much, just to impress the guys in the boozer]

4.11 if I can find one.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ok, when the car idles.... does it seem to idle high or does the idle move around? Do me a favor and take pictures of all of the vaccum hoses on the engine and their connections. Lets get this underway

Tom
Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM

When it's not stalling, it idles normally...Maybe even a touch low.

Is there a diagram somewhere I can use to find all the connections you need pic of?

Oh, and YOU RAWK!

Thanks!
Raxles front axles
Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
When it's not stalling, it idles normally...Maybe even a touch low.

Is there a diagram somewhere I can use to find all the connections you need pic of?
I don't know how much help these will be, but JaySVX has graciously provided a link in his signature to Online Service Manuals in PDF format. There is some self-diagnostic material in there as well, like how to read codes, etc.

Thanks, Jay!

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint