Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
What to call ya what to call ya?

Lets see we have the classic Wally and of course Bought not Built Bill. If you wanna bring it to Reading you'll get a good look at the rear of THE racer as she crosses the 1/4 mile marker. Might just wanna bring some binoculars so you can see it that far ahead! At least you'll be able to read the times as young Tom crosses the 1/4.

Ah, the smack talk begins....I thought the Race Car wasn't even going to be running at Reading (?) . Trust me, the 'reX ("Son of SVreX", "SVreX II"?) will be significantly different when I'm done with it. Paul has provided a great foundation to build upon. I doubt it will make it to Reading, as I'm saving my "can I borrow your Diesel truck and trailer" for the Subie Challenge. We should really start a "Reading Drag Meet Smack Talk" thread
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Ya gonna bring the ol' girl to reading?? w/ some good tires, i will be whuppin up in the auto-x this season now that I have my coilovers in the car When you wanna go circuit racing w/ shotgunslade??

Tom

Tom,
Probably next year, when work isn't as overwhelming and I can work a truck/trailer arrangement. The 'reX will be going up on the lift as soon as I get it to serve as a jig for some new pieces I'm designing - and to see what it's going to take to fix 315/35-17 Hoosiers on it.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
can you make a couple of these T- Shirt too??

Wheres WALLY??? 2006

2006 Accomplishments
First place- Human sized condom

Tom
Really fixed it!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Tom,
Probably next year, when work isn't as overwhelming and I can work a truck/trailer arrangement. The 'reX will be going up on the lift as soon as I get it to serve as a jig for some new pieces I'm designing - and to see what it's going to take to fix 315/35-17 Hoosiers on it.
-Bill

Those tires aren't gonna help on a road course my friend... probobly cause more drag than traction.... Either way, i will still romp on ya.... what car are you bringing to reading?? The smack talk... my major competition is going to be old Tom and maybe the racer... it will be the 1st time I can get a decent 1/4 mile run on old girl since I blew my motor last time I was out.... I am planning on carving out a mid-high 13

Tom
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Ah, the smack talk begins....I thought the Race Car wasn't even going to be running at Reading (?) . Trust me, the 'reX ("Son of SVreX", "SVreX II"?) will be significantly different when I'm done with it. Paul has provided a great foundation to build upon. I doubt it will make it to Reading, as I'm saving my "can I borrow your Diesel truck and trailer" for the Subie Challenge. We should really start a "Reading Drag Meet Smack Talk" thread
-Bill

Smack talk? Unless you can run sub 14s from a tired oil filled intake N/A engine then you don't even get a seat at the kids table fro the smack talk! FYI there's a reason why we have 16s not 17s READ YOUR RULES! Plus good luck finding real race rubber for it that cost under $1500 a set.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Those tires aren't gonna help on a road course my friend... probobly cause more drag than traction.... Either way, i will still romp on ya.... what car are you bringing to reading?? The smack talk... my major competition is going to be old Tom and maybe the racer... it will be the 1st time I can get a decent 1/4 mile run on old girl since I blew my motor last time I was out.... I am planning on carving out a mid-high 13

Tom

Tom,
315s for autoX only...probably 245s for road courses...

Remember that you have to do two runs within a tenth of each other to establish a new record

-Bill

My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Tom,
315s for autoX only...probably 245s for road courses...

Remember that you have to do two runs within a tenth of each other to establish a new record

-Bill

So you're planning to add weight to it then huh? You're looking at 2640 min all wheel drive weight plus the penalty for wider than 10 rims will put you up at 2900lbs. Nice tank!

Okay then Bill so our 14.2 still stands according to you're demands. Although it will be broken by the same car by at least .25 seconds in less than a month. Glad you'll be there to watch.

I'm sure young tom can keep his car together for 2 runs too btw. He doesn't have freak as his last name
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Smack talk? Unless you can run sub 14s from a tired oil filled intake N/A engine then you don't even get a seat at the kids table fro the smack talk! FYI there's a reason why we have 16s not 17s READ YOUR RULES! Plus good luck finding real race rubber for it that cost under $1500 a set.
Until a SVX can competitively run with the Camaros in ESP, it really doesn't matter what size rims are on the car. And for that matter, I don't believe there are any FP cars running at FedEx (sorta like the EP class that only has a gutted 510 in it...who I regularly beat by 3-4 seconds).

So, 14 sec 1/4 mile gets me a seat at the big table

-Bill

My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

So you're planning to add weight to it then huh? You're looking at 2640 min all wheel drive weight plus the penalty for wider than 10 rims will put you up at 2900lbs. Nice tank!

Okay then Bill so our 14.2 still stands according to you're demands. Although it will be broken by the same car by at least .25 seconds in less than a month. Glad you'll be there to watch.

I'm sure young tom can keep his car together for 2 runs too btw. He doesn't have freak as his last name
Ben,
Come on, you can get 315s on 10 inch rims, it just takes a little extra soap
The RacerCar's 14.2 definitely stands!! So, you think the "4 speed" should be good for .25? I definitely hope the weather holds. Seeing a couple of SVXi in the 13s will be fantastic.
-Bill
p.s. we may need to start a pool on how many runs Young Tom gets

My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
That's just plain mean

hmmm... do I want to pick 3 or 4???

Last edited by Hocrest; 04-05-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Ben,
Come on, you can get 315s on 10 inch rims, it just takes a little extra soap
The RacerCar's 14.2 definitely stands!! So, you think the "4 speed" should be good for .25? I definitely hope the weather holds. Seeing a couple of SVXi in the 13s will be fantastic.
-Bill

I wouldn't be putting 17s on especially if I wanted to eventually play somewhere other than the pack and play parking lots . I don't see why loosing an extra 150lbs-200lbs depending on who drives plus running with 4.39 vs 4.11 wouldn't put it in there. Besides, we have our engine builder driving it as well as young Tom. Figured that way he can focus on his ride a little more.

Plus after talking to the builder maybe he'll come up with a nice 50 shot so we can be the fastest SVX ever in a quarter.

Dropped the car tonight and moved it forward and back a couple inches. Everything seems nice and tight in the tranny and clutch. She looks like a probe with 4 doughnuts hiding under those wheelwells. Next the doors come off and the real fun begins.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
I wouldn't be putting 17s on especially if I wanted to eventually play somewhere other than the pack and play parking lots . I don't see why loosing an extra 150lbs-200lbs depending on who drives plus running with 4.39 vs 4.11 wouldn't put it in there. Besides, we have our engine builder driving it as well as young Tom. Figured that way he can focus on his ride a little more.

Plus after talking to the builder maybe he'll come up with a nice 50 shot so we can be the fastest SVX ever in a quarter.

Dropped the car tonight and moved it forward and back a couple inches. Everything seems nice and tight in the tranny and clutch. She looks like a probe with 4 doughnuts hiding under those wheelwells. Next the doors come off and the real fun begins.

Nice! Are you actually going to do all the cage welding? Post pics of your progress.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBBYRU89
So does the girly shirt go under the catagory of other or just by size? I know your keeping tally and don't want to confuse you.

Smiles,
Melis
Yeah, they will go under "Other" I tried to go in and edit the poll, but I can't
Old 04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
are you suggesting that i will do something that may paralize my car?? Unlike running on 12psi... I have not hit any issues with the 9psi system except that I have a tiny bit of belt slip... Now that old Tom has made me a 6 rib alt pulley, I will have no slip and I will be good to run all day... granted I don't have to refuel... Bill, I think you are forgetting... I have a 6 speed in my car... getting runs that are a tenth apart is hard enough(thats why almost all bracket racers are autos) so you and your new rule can stick it where the sun don't shine

Tom
Old 04-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
are you suggesting that i will do something that may paralize my car?? Unlike running on 12psi... I have not hit any issues with the 9psi system except that I have a tiny bit of belt slip... Now that old Tom has made me a 6 rib alt pulley, I will have no slip and I will be good to run all day... granted I don't have to refuel... Bill, I think you are forgetting... I have a 6 speed in my car... getting runs that are a tenth apart is hard enough(thats why almost all bracket racers are autos) so you and your new rule can stick it where the sun don't shine

Tom

Tom,
No way! I want to see your car in the 12s!! The "runs within a 10th" is a NHRA/IHRA requirement to establish ET records, definitely not my creation I think all you'll have to do is add a pneumatic shifter to your 6 speed
-Bill

My Locker