Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Team ROUND 1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1320boy
Angry What a night.

Well last night about 6:30 pm im driving to a Well Fargo in the Montebello area because the one in my area is a bad place. I was driving my Suby as some of you my know my Subaru was overheating and i was not able to figure out the problem. After a few weeks of looking over everything i noticed that the fuse was completely burned up. Well after changing the fuse and putting in some water i drove it for a little while and it ran great i was so happy. Plus i had a date. So realizing that i needed some money i took a drive to Wells Fargo and caught up in a "Check Point" Well i thought it was a traffic jam.... And why not. It was 6:30 at night, a Friday night at that and New Years weekend coming up. Turns out it was a check point. I went through and was asked to move where they were towing the cars. I really didnt have anything to hide, the cars registration was in my name it has insurance and i had a valid Driver licence. Washington state, but its still valid. So they look over my car and my name. I waited for a while No Wants no Warrents on me or the car BUT because i have a Washington DL they decided to tow my car. I am beyond pissed at this point. So after they put my car on the truck and go's off into the night i call my dad and have my brother pic me up. Trying to put this behind so i can try to have a good time and i realized i left my damn wallet in the car by this time im already a half hour late for my date. So i have my brother drive my happy ass all the way to try to get my wallet out. Once i got there i asked them if they could at least grab my wallet and the guy tells my i need to leave because im trespassing so we go back to check point and i ask a officer to at least help me so i can get my wallet he gives me a number to call. I call the number and the chick was being a ***** with me saying "Oh well, you need to deal with it tomarrow. I told her that i needed my ID and Check card at least, and these were exact words.... " Well if you were dumb enough to leave it in there then you just need to deal with it".

On the good side my mom got paid and loaned me some money and her car so i still got to go out. I was an hour and a half late.

Today i got my wallet out after a little bit of a hard time but i still got it.

But after all that.... Do any of think that my car should have been impounded??? I could understand if i had something against my record.
But this??? i dont know.
Any thoughts????
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Welcome to California.
Did they give you the actual reason they were impounding the car? Probably some falderall about needing to re-register and PAY THE FEES, but just a guess. Thoughts? It sucks that they pull you into what I assume was a sobriety checkpoint, and stick it to you just because they could. And they wonder why people don't respect them?

Glenn "A native Californian".

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 PM

and i thought the cops around here were a-holes...
but man, ca takes the cake!!!

i got stopped once by TWO police cars nose to nose blocking a MAJOR local highway with 4 cops hiding behind them with guns drawn(that DOES NOT happen in canada normally....)

then i was blocked in by a third car from behind and joined by a fourth car....

turns out the third car had 2 MILITARY police a$$holes who thought i was a drunk driver( i dunno why,since i was obeying the laws as much as anyone else...

when i VOLUNTEERED to take a breathalyzer, they realized i was clean/sober clean vehicle paperwork/license etc

THEN they reopened the road and cars 1,2, and 3 (the mps) left
i was left with one cop car, two cops and lil old me

they let me go with this advice: "dont speed or do ANYthing 'round mps cuz they are total a$$holes"
he smiled, handed me my paperwork and wished me a good evening

ps.the mp's had to drive past me to turn around so i flipped them the bird and mouth "a$$holes" at them
boy they didnt like THAT !!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

pps.i SAW the mp car follow me for a distance of 10 miles through 2 different jurisdictions(hence so many cops/cars)...no i wasnt on a base when this started...
if i WAS a drunk driver, shouldnt they have stopped me immediately instead of waiting to see if i killed someone!!???!?!!?!?

between cops/courts
banks
insurance
governement

DONT get me started on whats wrong with the world....
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rob

92 ebony 4.44's rock !!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Team ROUND 1

I would have loved it if they messed with me for a while and still give me my car back..... Because i would still have my car.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

You should have told them that you were a celebrity who has just murdered your ex-wife and they would have given you a free pass. What an f-ed up thing -- let the criminals roam free and stick it to the average law-abiding citizen.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Team ROUND 1

the only good thing that i know is that my car is not in the sun in an actual yard its in a garage. but its a manditory 30 days it must be in there. which sucks because i was almost ready to buy a new motor for her and have the whole front end rebuilt. if its not one thing its another.