Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 05:20 AM
Rev Hard

Unhappy

To make a long story short.... I drive a Honda Crx exclusively now.

The long version.... a few weeks ago me and my significant other split for the good of us. Trying to take time off to hel the wounds. It didnt work. She said she would like to have the honda as it is more "her" as long as i payed for the Sooby. well that came to an end tonight. (or yesterday if you look at dates.. Im still awake its still Wednesday to me) She was having "problems" with the Honda and took the Svx. Nothing i could do as it was truly hers. Now i am retitling the Honda in my name. (It was my car I gave it to her another long story) We also decided that it was time to make it real and say our goodbyes.

I lost 2 things i loved tonight.. one i cant replace...one i had for 7 years

Im sorry if any have tried to get ahold of me and i did not respond. I havent been myself lately and this is truly hard for me. (no sympathy required)

paul
Old 04-05-2001, 06:30 AM
Headed to Texas...

Unhappy

Paul, I guess there's really not much to say - except "hang in there". Sometimes life just plain old SUCKS.
Man, what a double whammy.
Glad to see you back.

Going to trade the CRX on a SVX?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 04-05-2001, 01:20 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

I can't bring myself to pray for your car - but I'll pray for your relationship.

Don't overlook any avenues of reconciliation. (None of my business really - that's how I'm programmed)

Hope to hear better news next time.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-05-2001, 03:07 PM
zollinw

I'm sorry to hear of your double misfortune, and hope the wounds heal soon. I don't often preach, and hope it is nothing more then a transient reflexion of your current state of mind, but the quote at the bottom of your post is a misguided outlook on life; and to the contrary, God loves you and true happiness and contentment can be yours with God in your life. Don't despair. Bill
Old 04-05-2001, 04:14 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Paul, believe the guys, give yourself time to heal and reflect, and don't lose the faith, it's there for the hard times.
I lost my first wife in a car accident when I was a couple of years younger than you, so I know a heartache when I feel it.
Don't let the loss of the car interfere with you rebuilding your life to the good times again. Car is just a piece of metal, and with the great advantage you can go right out and get another one.

If a reconciliation is possible, swallow pride, do the necessary. If not, recognise the truth of that and the need to pick up and walk on.
Hope I don't sound preachy, but emotional problems need emotional solutions.

Last tip: Treat yourself. Shop around, buy another SVX.

Joe
Old 04-05-2001, 04:45 PM
joeaux

Sometimes life sucks (been there). I always try to remember a very old saying "it'll all come out in the wash." In the end it will all be better. Come here often and chat. You'll have another SVX. Bet on it!
-joe-
Old 04-09-2001, 12:24 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Hey Paul

Paul

Had missed seeing you around, really sorry to find out why. Give yourself time, things will get better. Guess most of us have been where you are, and know how you feel. Hang in there.

As for the car - nothing to it. You've got a country-wide locating service at your fingertips. All you've got to do is say the word, and I bet everyone on the board would start looking.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 04-10-2001, 05:39 PM
Hitchhikin'

I'm really sorry to hear that, Paul. I haven't had much time to visit the site, I would have replied sooner otherwise.

Anyway, for what it's worth, my condolences.
Old 04-12-2001, 01:51 AM
Rev Hard

Thanks

Paul
Old 04-12-2001, 05:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Paul,

I've learned the following after many many years:
"God closes one door but opens another."

Good Luck to you.

Larry III
Old 04-12-2001, 05:11 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<I've learned the following after many many years>>

Paul, listen to him -- when he says "many many" he's actually cutting it short.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-13-2001, 07:31 PM
deligeds

I've been pretty busy lately, and tonight's the first I've seen of this thread. Let me say that I'm both saddened and refreshed. Paul: I'm very sorry to hear of your recent trials. I'm sure I don't know quite how you feel, and I don't really have any great advice, but I offer my sympathy (even if it's not required) and my prayers. In reading this thread from start to finish, I hope that you, like me, are touched by the way that a random community of car owners so clearly demonstrates the good side of humanity.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:20 AM
Jaylinb

Hang in there...

Sometimes it's just putting one foot in front of the other that keeps us going through the really bad times. I also went through something similar when I split from my husband. Long story, short version: I wanted to finish college, he didn't think it was necessary, I left to another city for college without husband or my pristine '92. After two years of struggling and living hand to mouth, I have finished and have already treated myself with another SVX. And you know what? I look back and have no regrets. Never regret the decisions you make. We all have to choose the path we follow without knowledge of the terrain ahead. The one thing we can be sure of is that everyone takes with them all the gear they need to get through. Take care.
Old 04-24-2001, 07:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your trouble

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you will be able to work things our one way or another. I just went through a divorce last year. That's probably why I've done so much to the the SVX. I'm still trying to forget about it. Things will get better though. You have a lot of friends and people who care about you.

There is a red SVX for sale hear in Florida. If you like I can check it out for you. Most cars from florida have no rust due to the climate (no salt inland). Anyway, I would be glad to give it the once over if you are interested. Let me know. We will need to find you a new car for your new hood. Wait.....shouldn't that be the other way around?

Relationships are both painful, and important. It is important that you continue to stay involved in the things that you love. I think this is one way to speed recovery.

Chuck
Old 04-25-2001, 07:17 AM
lightning_8669

No sympathy? No problem.

Understanding? Truckloads full.

Few make it through life without being sliced through the heart at least once. The strong heal. The weak wear the pain like a badge. Sometimes for decades. Sometimes longer. They refuse to take the emotional rollercoaster ride which you are now faced with and they remain mere shadows of who they could or should be. The gyrations and duration of that ride are products of who you are. You ain't gonna enjoy the ride an no one can come along to hold you hand. But that's okay, you strike me as the kind of guy who would come over the first rise with both hands up over his head.

I wish you luck and look forward to seeing what kind of person steps out of the car at the end of the ride. I just hope you still like us and SVXs.

Godspeed! May your journey begin........