Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 03:27 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Cool Oh Dear My young Lupus

uuuummm..

my names david and afer many discussions with the WA owner over the last month I have purchased RED 95 ...sorry

Now you're really going to be cranky as this one will join my other GREEN 96 ...

I have been nurturing this plan for some time

My wife doesn't talk to me now either, bbbuutt if under extreme pressure i need to let one go [get rid of the car[s] ... which damned colour ...!!

So i'm going to have to change my sign in to dave 2

SVX are rare as hens teeth, but the odd good one pops up from time to time, generally 2nd hand dealers don't have much an idea of them..just don't dismayed by some of the low US converted to AUD prices they go for over there, I think at some point the good ones left here will hold and possibly grow in value

Dave 2 in Oz
Old 02-11-2004, 02:35 PM

twins

Hi David

Your garage is going to look sooo good

How are you transporting it from WA? Could try it out over the nullabor or perhaps some off roading across the top.......

Moshol
Old 02-11-2004, 07:33 PM
lupus

Damn you are really lucky. i wouldnt have been able to afford it anyway but im sure one will pop up later on back here in Perth. And how are you transporting it to you place??

Lupus

PS. If you ever need to get rid of one i'll be waiting
Old 02-12-2004, 12:05 AM

Talking Drivers Wanted !!

Drivers required to move SVX from WA to sunny Qld, must be careful with her and not drive at top speed for more than 1 hour at a time, must refuel regularly, and remove small animal parts and larger bugs on hourly schedule...

Trip normally takes transport company over 8 days coast to coast but less than 4 days is OK, pls no thrashing ..car is already run in...

Delivery into Brisbane must be in stealth mode though; not visible by loving wife who is awaiting its greeting with microscope and rolling pin just park it quietly out the front leave key in mail box, SMS its safe arrival so the planned ..Oh my god Look at what someone has dumped out the front ....!!!

Anyway...it is arriving via transport from WA..8 days would you believe...so I will have run out of droul by the time it gets here...so I'll just sit and patiently await its arrival and just look at pics I have of it till then

After I've tidied it up I'll put some pics in my Locker..its a shame the Laguna Blue wasn't available in Oz ..then I'd have Red for girls and Blue for...hmm if anyone knows where a bluuuueeeew..sorry just got belted across the back of the head by passing wife ...must go; have lawns to mow and eternal domestic duties to perform because of my recent unapproved splurge..

Hey would it be too late for valentine's day !!

Dave's got 2
Old 02-12-2004, 02:45 AM

Valentine's Day

David

You great big softie. I bet your wife thinks your a Teddy Bear.

How can I compete, all my wife is getting is a box of melted chocolate, still very hot up here, and you, what do you do?

YOU GET YOURS A RED SVX

If the wifey happens to read this, then we will both be dead, me killing you and her killing me five minutes later.

Good Luck with it David, can't wait to see it

Kenn

Who is constantly green eyed these days
Old 02-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Timbo

Red SVX - Bad Luck Lupus

Lupus ,
Fear not, another may become available soon !! The red one Dave has bought is obviously Nick's which is very well kept but family reasons (and a TVR Cerbera) have forced sale.

I have a 1995 black over pearl white which I have had for quite some time and, as much as I love it to death, could consider an update to something more recent sometime in the near future. When sale time comes, price will be reasonable so keep an eye out. It needs a bit of light body and paint work but is internally and mechanically perfect although having a slight electronic glitch at the moment which is being worked on as we speak/type.

Will let you have first dibs when the time comes; I'm sure you will be impressed with the car, especially after driving one.

Keep logging in to the forum and your wish could come true!!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:21 PM
lupus

Wicked Timbo thanks for the heads up now i gotta get saving.

Lupus
Old 02-12-2004, 10:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Don't tell David about that one...he will be shipping another one over from WA!!

*mutters about SVX hoarders*

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:07 AM

WA SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
Don't tell David about that one...he will be shipping another one over from WA!!

*mutters about SVX hoarders*

Tried to get hold of David, apparently he was last seen heading out towards the airport, seems he was muttering something about a white with black roof

Kenn

BTW there is no truth in the rumour that his garage has bulging walls, not yet anyway
Old 02-13-2004, 01:53 PM

Talking Sniffing around !!

Gentleman thanks for your feedback...actually I'm in NZ one of the Kiwi guys showed a grey "import" that had 4WS I thought that might be nice ..

Just kidding ...still waiting .. the car is travelling by train as we speak to Adelaide, and then goes by road via everywhere else to BrisVegas..so pickup this next Friday/ Saturday...after they wash it ...

Dave 1st in Oz with 2 ??
Old 02-13-2004, 01:57 PM

About 2 years ago, I had a look at a claret 1996 one (like Harvey's) at Chatswood Classic Cars - the stealer...opps..dealer reckoned that there was somone else interested in it who had a shoe shop on Oxford Street and who had 3 SVX's already...."My dear man" I said "what foul smelling nonense does emit from your facial orifice" as I backhanded him with a Road and Track magazine

Guess who went along Oxford Street!

There is always a black SVX parked down near the SYdney end but the owner was not interested in anything to do with the club or SVX's (strange if he was the one who collected them)

so.......

Yes, you are the first that we know of for certain!

*bows scrapes*

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:40 PM

Question SVX colours/cars sold in OZ

James

Do you know what numbers of cars sold in Oz per year and then if that question wasn't hard enough what was the colour break up in each year ...[this will help determine rarest Yellow !! to still cherished ..whatever colour was the most popular - Liquid Silver..??]

I don't think we have officially got these numbers, but would be excellent to track cars etc..and be officially identified.

Ok on with 'thinking cap'...who's an IT nut [sorry nice person - viruses!!] who can crack Subaru Aust's computer main frame ..I'm sure its all there

Dave2
Old 02-14-2004, 03:28 AM

Re: Sniffing around !!

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
Gentleman thanks for your feedback...actually I'm in NZ one of the Kiwi guys showed a grey "import" that had 4WS I thought that might be nice .. ............................

Ha! thought all those roundabouts in your area would finally get to you

Kenn
Old 02-14-2004, 03:16 PM

Re: SVX colours/cars sold in OZ

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
James

Do you know what numbers of cars sold in Oz per year and then if that question wasn't hard enough what was the colour break up in each year ...[this will help determine rarest Yellow !! to still cherished ..whatever colour was the most popular - Liquid Silver..??]

I don't think we have officially got these numbers, but would be excellent to track cars etc..and be officially identified.

Ok on with 'thinking cap'...who's an IT nut [sorry nice person - viruses!!] who can crack Subaru Aust's computer main frame ..I'm sure its all there

Dave2
Shame on you to think I would not have tried to get this!!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ghlight=VFACTS

""With a grateful thanks to a member of an Australian Performance Car Board that I am part of, he was able to access VFACTS (the Australian database for new car sales) and was able to find the following informationata I have access to shows.....

Subaru SVX
4WD
3319cc
6 cyl
DOHC24V
169kW
309Nm
4 Speed Auto

Introduced - March 1992
Discontinued - April 1997

Price when New
1992 - $72,950
1993 - $78,070 - (Drivers Airbag became standard)
1994 - $79,990 - (September on - Passenger Airbag now std)
1995 - $82,350
1996 - $82,350
1997 - $82,350

They were listed under "Sports Luxury" individually from 1993 to 1996. They were then listed under "Luxury" in 1997. The 1992 models are included in "others" that totalled 148 for the year, so I am not sure what the individual numbers are.

1993 - 65
1994 - 27
1995 - 36
1996 - 14
1997 - 3

That accounts for 145 of the 250....

Hope this helps.. ""

That was the info that I was given.....of course, there could have been a 1996 sold in 1997....the only way is for Subaru to just tap tap away and they could give us the info!!

Old 02-14-2004, 03:42 PM

Smile Thanks Mate !!

Ta for the info ...my apologies for not doing a search to your original post of the info...mind you the rest of that thread was interesting reading about the other car you were looking at with low km.s, reminds me of how much a bargain my Green car was...

I wonder whether there were any true 96 builds brought in as my Green was a 3/95 build complied 6/96 first sold 4/97. My new red one was also 3/95 build, complied in 6/95, and sold in 6/95. Interesting comparing engine #s on both, the 2 cars were 30 apart, and by VIN were 22 apart !!

I have duly cut and pasted the info into my own docs for safe keeping

Thanks Again