Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2001, 02:22 PM
John19688

Thumbs up SVX Hats Available Mid-August

20 hats have been ordered and should be available by mid-August. They are replicas of the original SVX hats produced by Subaru. They will cost $20 each (price includes shipping charges) and will be available on the SubaruSVX.com site. I'll let you all know when they are ready.

Those who e-mailed svxcess with interest in the hats will receive pre-sale e-mails so they can be sure to get one if they still want one. Soon after, the hats will be made available to everyone.

Like the SVX Network decals, I am working together on this with John Hoffman (svxcess). He's done all the leg work and I do the financial backing and sales. John and I are also looking at having some SVX Polo shirts made with the same patch.

Here's what the patch will look like.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:34 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Thumbs up

Awesome,

When will the shirts be available? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks,
Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 07-30-2001, 03:27 PM
John19688

Shirts coming?

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
When will the shirts be available? Any idea on the cost?
I'm not sure when we'll order the shirts. We haven't really discussed it. I would guesstimate October or November. The cost will be higher than I'd like it to be. But if you think about it, the cost is really in line. First, think how much you'd pay for a top-quality polo shirt, add a custom logo to that, and then add shipping...the price (with shipping) will be either $40 or $45.

No one has accused me of "price gouging" or anything like that but just so you know...I'm not making much profit on any of these items I'm selling. After I give John Hoffman his "commission" (2 hats) for doing the design, contracting, and nitty-gritty details, I'll make about $50 profit total IF all the remaining 18 hats sell. At $40-$45 per shirt, I stand to make $60 to $150 profit on the sale of 20 shirts (IF they all sell).

I undertake these projects so we can all have access to these items we've been wanting for so long but no one will provide (like the model). I also like the idea of having one place to buy all these products--my site :-)

So if you have an idea for an SVX item, do some of (or a lot of) the leg work and can show me that the potential to make money is greater than the potential to lose money, I'd be happy to adopt and finance the project and give you a "commission" for the work you've done. The product can then be sold on the SubaruSVX.com site.