Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Radiator supply?

I know I've mentioned this before but this year I really do need to buy a new rad. I have a pal in Canada who can bring one over on his annual visit and after a little research they seem to be available for about $185 Canadian. Happy days till I realised that we no longer get 2 Canadian dollars to the pound. So I tried UK suppliers. I seem to have found a firm that, if I send them my rad they will copy it, this time with brass tanks, for about £140. No saving, but no plastic to go brittle either! Anyone done this yet?

Before you all start with the 'They're not all in Jerusalem are they' sunny Stoke has fallen on hard times since this 'donate to the wealthy' recession took effect more than most places. Come the revolution....
While I'm on my soap box my bank has chosen to help small businesses by doubling my o/d interest rate over base, increasing their security and charging me (I eventually got a refund though) for the priveledge whilst enjoying a 48% margin on their business side. WTF didn't I go into banking I don't know. Self sufficiency on a croft away from them seems so appealing. If we ever go to war again I will need double the ammo and a rear firing gun to get even with the robbing scumbags on my list.
Sorry, but I feel so much better now. Thank you.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: Radiator supply?

If you've got a pal in Canada, you can get a rad on Ebay for about $130.00 US. If he lives fairly close to the border like I do (2¼ hours) you could have it shipped to the UPS Store closest to his point of entry and it only costs $5.00 to pick it up. I've been doing this for years.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 AM

Good luck with the rad Steve, you're not alone in your thoughts with the way banks treat a small business its just like the late 80' early 90's under the Tories high unemployment, war, and real interest rates that you actually pay high. I have had over thirty new bank managers in the last twenty odd years and have not met one of them and to quote Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now they are all grocery boys and just tick off box's on a form with absolutely no authority at all. Thank God for internet banking and revolution is the only way
Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 AM

Registered SVX

Been there done it,
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...brass+radiator

Still going strong,with no problems
Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
If you've got a pal in Canada, you can get a rad on Ebay for about $130.00 US. If he lives fairly close to the border like I do (2¼ hours) you could have it shipped to the UPS Store closest to his point of entry and it only costs $5.00 to pick it up. I've been doing this for years.
Thanks for the info. He actually lives at Vancouver Island - is that near a border? Alternatively, plan B, how would you fancy forwarding a rad to me and I would reimburse you through paypal upfront?