How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

Where are all the crazy Japanese SVXs?

Seriously, they have everything from tuned K-cars, Fits, Corollas, to strange cars like the Cosmos and S12 200sx. Where are all the crazy JDM SVXs? The only link I've seen to the car is my amazing 920hp SVX in Maximum Tune Midnight Wangan 3 Even that one still uses a 4EAT tho
Old 09-28-2008, 11:22 AM

Re: Where are all the crazy Japanese SVXs?

Bump. There has to have been something that someone has heard of.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 PM

The company I work for imports a lot of heavy equipment from Japan and while one of our contacts was visiting I started talking to him about cars. It turns out that he is pretty into them and apparently has a Golf with like 30k in mods into it. I showed him my SVX and he asked me what it was. I started explaining about the car and he tells me he has never even seen one in Japan and thought it wasn't even sold there! I don't think everyone over there is the same however it kind of lead me to believe they are not very popular in Japan. I have not lived there myself so I cannot say for sure though.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Registered SVX

They must had been popular over there one time.. coz the amount of ex JDM svxs we got sent here aye. and some one would had to paid full new price for them.
i would love to see some drifting svxs or etc with 100k spent on them.
ive heard since alot of the japanese only have room for one car, they tend to spend alot more money on there car.
seen skylines fitted with titanum bonnet stays to save that lil bit of weight that alone was $1000 dollars.
then you see thousens more spend on engines gearboxs gagdes etc.
with alot of people here etc tends to have there normal car and there toy so dont have have as much money to spend on there toys etc
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration

Last edited by subbieatnz; 09-29-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan

they are popular in japan from what I have heard, however just like here they are very rare
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

There have been a few posted here that were done up pretty crazily, but I don't think they were from Japan. One from Germany, I think, and another in the U.S. The only standout from Japan that I know of is the Cloud car.

I think just like here, the dismal aftermarket for our cars kept the modding community from picking them up and trying things.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 PM

prices are high, and they are rare. The first drives people to buy the dirt cheap turbo cars that are common as dirt there. The second keeps tuners from caring to do anything with it.

Worse the SVX is a mutt. Hybrid of Subaru design on a Nissan platform so it shares very little with other cars that tuners might care about. Just think that today there is more commonality with other subarus than there was when it was still produced thanks to Subaru going shopping in the SVX parts/ideas bin for stuff for the newer STIs.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 AM

Bah, I'm going to work on something come this summer then. I'm really good at chassis prepping/strengthening, and I've got enough experience with pro/e and solidworks, not to mention ANSYS (hell, might as well test it before it's made), so I'm really really thinking about putting up my SVX to the cause and start up with weight reduction, a 6spd w/dccd and rear diff swap, suspension, and start on building a spare engine for some decent boost.

I definitley see what you mean, XT6Wagon. I've had almost two dozen 240sx's make well in the mid-350whp range without having the budget go above $5000, car included. It's just easier. I'm finishing up school bills and working full time, along with taking classes full time at the moment. Time is my biggest issue right now, for anything. Let's go 500awhp SVX!! lol