Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Where to buy brake calipers?

Okay guys, I'm fed up with this company I've tried ordering from...

I ordered from PartsTrain.com, which is one of many clone sites operated by Auto Parts Warehouse or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays. I ordered two fronts and two rears, with all hardware and brackets. The rears came as they should, no problems.

The fronts were the wrong part number. So I sent them back (at my expense) and re-ordered, this time making it explicitly clear to the guy on the other end of the phone that I was to get the right part number and it would come with exactly what was advertised. About a week later the parts showed up. Lo and behold, the exact same wrong part numbers. Thankfully they paid for their own mistake this time around. But they told me that if I ordered the parts, they couldn't guarantee that I would receive the parts I ordered. Is that freaking ridiculous or what!? What a crock!

So I need another source for brake calipers that isn't linked to this web chain. They have the calipers with mounting brackets and hardware for $77 each (no core charge either). Subaru dealer will only sell the entire bundle (caliper, hardware, pads), and for $300 each. No way. I already have pads anyway.

Anyone know a place that's more reliable but still has decent pricing?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Try www.rockauto.com

They have good service and good prices. Give me a minute to look it up, and I'll find a code thats good for 5% off your order.

Quote:
Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
* If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Set" button to the right of the field.
* Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on September 11, 2007; so don't wait!

Last edited by Hocrest; 08-10-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Thanks Hocrest, you're a lifesaver. Just means I gotta get the cores back. But honestly, if it's between wrong parts+no core and right parts+core, I'll take the right parts any day.