Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Canadian Forums

Old 12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Ottawa sighting!

So I can officially up the Ottawa SVX sighting count to 4, even though this one was visiting from Alberta. Nice red with a custom exhaust. License plate was 1KNIGHT, anyone know that car?

haha, that totally made my day. I always forget just how awesome those cars look up close. mmmmmmmm...

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Ottawa sighting

I was just in Ottawa visiting at the end of November and went out for a walk.
I was crossing at the inetersection of Bank St and Heron Rd.and up pulled a bordeaux colored SVX to stop for the red. As I was walking across the intersection, low and behold a teal green SVX came up in another direction to make a left turn. How cool is that to see two SVX's at the same intersection. Both had Ontario plates.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
*glare* Bank and Heron huh? I'll keep an eye out.

I know there's a pearlie around somewhere that's for sale actually. His wheels are on backwards.

2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos

Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I took one of the Forresters to get an emmisions test today and guess what's in line ahead of me? A sweet old lady with a 92 Ebony LS-L. So I start talking with her (she was thrilled that someone could actually tell what kind of car it was), and turn out that she's the original owner and that the car has less than 80,000 km's. That's less than 50,000 miles.

The car was in absolutely perfect condition. A little dirty, but it's winter. No dents, scrathes, rust...interior looks untouched... *drool*...

I'd make her an offer, but that car, here in Ontario, could probably be listed at $12,000 or more. *grumble*

Oh, and she said she would never do it again. Well she could just give me the car, I wouldn't mind...

Old 02-01-2007, 07:00 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Crazy_pilot, when it does come time for you to actually buy one, I have some advice for you.

DO NOT under ANY circumstances, buy from Advanced Auto in Ottawa. They have SVXes for sale often, and the prices are somewhat reasonable, but trust me, you're playing russian roulette if you buy from them. They're hacks.

I would know. That's where I got my Alice. Just over 3 years ago. Wheels were warped, some of the lights didn't work, trans was busted (didn't act up on the test drive), lied to me about the car's history, didn't perform the safety properly, etc.

Just a friendly warning.

Good luck finding one someday.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Okay, I'll watch out for them.

The SVX fund has finally started climbing, now that I've taken care of some other important things. (School, current POS car...I'd sell the current POS car, but too many of the little things don't work that repairing those wouldn't even make it worth the investment)

Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Saw that red SVX again today, except he has Ontario plates now, so I guess he moved here. Yay! One more in the city!

Anyways, ya one very nice red SVX, custom exhaust (dual muffler, can't tell if it's true dual or not), rims, and a manual tranny (I could only tell by the sound, I don't know if it's a 5 or 6MT).

I was in the Forester. I may head out in the SVX later to say hi and invite him here.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
[QUOTE= I may head out in the SVX later to say hi and invite him here.[/QUOTE]

with a gun?
~ looks like we got more smilies ~.... need more angry smilies ////
what an oxymoron
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic