Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 10-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Smokies

Just got home from the 600 mile drive and wanted to extend a very large THANK YOU to Huck and his family for all the work they put into making everything happen. Angie and I enjoyed the weekend greatly (well Angie wasn't a big fan of the dragon ).

It was great to see everyone I've met before and even to meet some new blood (at least to me). I especially enjoyed the XT6s being included and will probably push for an invitation to be extended to XTs for Reading if I can get that past the "Reading council".

Did have one slight issue. Got pulled over in Maryland (the 15 miles that I'm in it on 81). $75 ticket for following a rig too closely. Of course I'm guilty but EVERYONE in that area was following to closely. It was agreivating a bit but it didn't take the smile off my face for too long.

Thanks again Huck for the work you put into it. I plan to wear my shirt everytime I see Randy!
Old 10-19-2003, 06:57 PM
gcookaustin

I think that may have been the most fun drive I've ever had! Sorry I had to leave so abruptly right before the dragon run; I just about made it to West Knoxville by 5:00. I think those cyclists were amazed I was staying on their tails. It was good to meet y'all; sorry I wasn't able to meet up later but if I still have the SVX by a next meet we'll do it again. Many thanks to Huck for putting it all together, especially with the T-shirts as well.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I just want to thank everybody that showed up., we had 11 cars total, 3 XT6es and 9 SVXes.

I also want to apologize for my poor attitude during the meet, but my wife told me the day before the meet that she was thinking about leaving me, which was a complete shock to me, so I haven’t slept or ate hardly any since Thursday morning, she left with our daughter Sunday night to stay with her father for awhile, to try to sort out her feeling.
I know I wasn’t the Meet Host I would like to have been, but I felt like someone had reached in and ripped my heart out….so much so I almost didn’t even come down.

If we split up, I’ll probably lose everything, the house, bikes, cars, my sanity, my will to live…
So please forgive me for not being a little more active in the meet this time, hope I have another chance sometime.

Everybody there was great; got to meet a few new faces, just wish my heart had been more in it.

If you don’t see me posting for awhile,… it just isn’t in me right now.

I glad to be part of these great people.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 10-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Huck, I'm at a loss for words. I hope everything turns out for the best.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
I just want to thank everybody that showed up., we had 11 cars total, 3 XT6es and 9 SVXes.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Huck, I am sorry to here about your wife. Hopefully she comes to her senses and comes back.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Crash

Thanks

I thought you did a wonderful job, especially with so much on your mind. I wanted to thank you for all your hard work getting it together we all had a great time. I wish you could have enjoyed it more. I am truly sorry that this is happening to you. I pray that it all works out, I am sure it will.

We are all here for you,

Tony
Old 10-23-2003, 05:15 AM

Unhappy

Thanks guys....
....I've never hurt this bad before.....almost unbearable...
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 10-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by huck369
Thanks guys....
....I've never hurt this bad before.....almost unbearable...

Huck,
I can only understand the pain through the experiences of others. However, I know how I'd feel under the same circumstances. BUT, don't you DARE give up. I know that you know who's really in control.

If you don't have anyone else to talk to, just let me know. I'm a damned good listener. I'll send you a PM with my home and cell numbers. This weekend's open -- I can be there in about 3 hours.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-25-2003, 08:10 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

hang in there mate, everything will come around for the better either way... It is all about how you look at it... We are all given a certian amount of time on this planet and we can't decide how long it is, the only thing that we can do is decide what we are gonna do with every second of the time that we have here... If she feels that she has to leave you then don't loose it man, hang in there and just remember it is up to you to spend your time however it makes you happy... I don't know what I'm really saying at the moment because I've been drinking my ass off since 5pm this afternoon... I guess what I am trying to say is that I hope everything works out to your advantage and that you are happy in the end...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 10-25-2003, 08:15 PM

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the meet I really wanted to come but I am in Corporals School at the moment and I only get sunday off till the weekend of the 7th.... Anyway I hope everyone that was there will be at Reading next year so I can catch up with everyone... See ya later!!!

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 10-26-2003, 07:24 AM

Thanks Randy, and Chris,
I keep thinking it'll be better tomorrow...but it isn't, or at least it isn't yet.
I had my girls this weekend, which helped in some ways, but hurt in others...I just need my wife back.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 10-27-2003, 03:43 PM

Keep your chin up man... That's all I can think when the Marines throw me a ****ty curve ball.... For instance I am in Corporals School now getting my ass kicked all over the place... What do I do??, I keep on charging along because I will never let someone else bring me dow to the point that I am crippled emotionally, physically or mentally... Remember in this world there is only one person that you can rely on 100%..... It's yourself... So I say, keep on trucking along man, ya never know what the next day may bring... Best to ya!!!

Old 10-28-2003, 02:59 PM

Who was it, from the Smokies meet, that wanted a "here Mosey, Mosey shirt"
Phill said he had it, but needs an address to send it out.
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: