SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-28-2003, 12:06 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up Zainos Bros

I used Zainos Brother car polish system today on my car. I also got the fast drying agent as well and the whole car took me about 1/2 hour for the first coat and another 3/4 of an hour for a cleaner coat and cleaning up. The car shines.

Will try to post pics later and doug and phil will get to see it in person tomorrow.

ps. I will be in Wisconsin tomorrow.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Cool. Also try Zymol.

They tied for first place here:

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Good read for anyone who's using any other kind of wax.

- Rob
Old 03-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Green1995SVX

I did one panel with Zaino and a neighboring panel with zymol a few weeks ago. Zymol produced much better results.

Mike
Old 03-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I love Zymol. It's super easy to put on, super easy to take off, leaves an incredible shine, and smells SOOo goood, that when you realize it's basically all natural, you're tempted to eat it. heh.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:45 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
chicane... remember rat poison is all natural as well... don't be tempted to eat it
Old 03-28-2003, 01:26 PM

Like Apples & Oranges...

you can't really compare them. Zymol is a wax, Zaino is a polymer sealant. Shine is a matter of taste, some like wax because it seems to do a better job at "depth" appearance. Others judge based on reflectivity (Zaino is at the top of the polymer sealant brands for reflectivity).

When a dealer/shop tries to sell you one of those "once-a-year" finish protection schemes (at enormously inflated prices), they're applying Zaino (or some other brand of polymer sealant). Zaino will protect through a whole Chicago winter. Probably for a whole year if garaged part-time. Zymol will give it up after a couple of weeks. I put Liquid Glass on my wife's 4Runner last February and it still beads up like the day I applied it. BTW, I live 4 blocks away from the ocean (salt is always in the air) and the vehicle is parked outside during the work day (Florida sun), garaged at night.

Lwin, just in case you're sealant newbie...ignore if not. I have been told Zaino also works like Rain-X on glass (albeit at more expense). And if you want that waxed look, you can always put wax over the Zaino. You just have wash your car with dish detergent (removes just about all waxes in a single wash job) before your next application of Zaino (has no effect on the Zaino though - have to use a paint prep solvent to get rid of the Zaino product).

Last edited by lee; 03-28-2003 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:07 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
re. polymer sealants

i have this stuff from some mega sale thing... it's called permaseal, it came in a set w/ this powdered dehydrated wax stuff that you apply by putting a damp towel in the powder and dipping it in the wax and working the wax into a paste on the towel... and it came w/ a bottle of polymer sealant... of their brand

i want to apply this stuff to my new svx, to protect and such, the polymer sealant

is there anything i should do to apply the sealant first
should i wash the car w/ dish soap to remove any wax that remains from the prev owner, so i'm at bare clearcoat (and rock chips)
Old 03-28-2003, 04:42 PM

Re: re. polymer sealants

Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
i have this stuff from some mega sale thing... it's called permaseal, it came in a set w/ this powdered dehydrated wax stuff that you apply by putting a damp towel in the powder and dipping it in the wax and working the wax into a paste on the towel... and it came w/ a bottle of polymer sealant... of their brand

i want to apply this stuff to my new svx, to protect and such, the polymer sealant

is there anything i should do to apply the sealant first
should i wash the car w/ dish soap to remove any wax that remains from the prev owner, so i'm at bare clearcoat (and rock chips)
I have no idea about this product, but the normal approach is a sealant is applied, then a wax if desired. Some sealant products have a two-step application for a better shine (Zaino and Klasse do, Liquid Glass does not - but Liquid Glass requires a 4-hour bake in the sun after application for the catalyst reaction to complete). Yes, dish detergent will remove wax. The usual brand recommended is Dawn, don't know why, have been told it's because it doesn't have a lot of additives that stay behind on the surface. If you're really worried about it, get some paint prep solvent and use that. Has the side benefit of helping to remove any silicone containing products a former owner might have used - nasty stuff if one ever repaints.